Stanley Black & Decker is a vibrant, diversified, global industrial company - a company of enduring substance since 1843 that is striving to be one of the most innovative and sustainable companies in the world. Our people are bold and agile, yet thoughtful and disciplined. With the ambition to inspire makers and innovators to create a more sustainable world. If you're seeking to bring your unique value and contribute to an inclusive, collaborative and purpose-driven culture that integrates performance excellence and innovation - join us.
The National Account Manager will develop new National Accounts and expand existing National Accounts for Retail or Enterprise customers within their primary territory. Capable of presenting a differentiated methodology that develops true business value for our customers. Can create or provide relevant market information, sales and marketing strategies, account planning, and relationship development to drive new sales opportunities with potential and existing customers. Ultimately responsible for delivering on a set sales quota and development of a strong pipeline for future business.Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue targets/ quota
- Manage all aspects of both assigned accounts and new opportunities by maintaining both sales activity and relevant customer information using CRM application.
- Review account activities and performance with existing customers to identify any positive/negative challenges to the account.
- Identify any operational issues that might or have arisen and resolve them with the appropriate internal teams.
- Develop and implement new and existing sales strategies to grow/ expand opportunities within current customer base.
- Develop a business plan to measure and track new activities and opportunities.
- Develop target list and strategy for hunting new customers and markets within the business plan
- Develop a sales approach with Director/AVP designed to identify beyond a prospect's known needs and target areas of higher risks/ challenges.
- Provide effective and differentiated sales presentation to prospective customers
- Work with the assigned Applications Engineer and Operations Teams to identify system design and delivery strategy.
- Work with Core Commercial Sales teams to complete site surveys for local National Account customers. Work with local reps to gain key information and develop rapport with local customer contacts.
- Responsible for all areas of the customer relationship as the single point of contact for all customer needs. Work with the appropriate internal team members to resolve any problems (invoices, service, access, monitoring, etc.).
- Evaluate and complete RFI and RFP requests, utilizing resources within the organization as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field of study or 5 years' related combination of experience and education in lieu of degree
- 5+ years B2B sales experience with a long and complex sales cycle; with 3 years specifically in the electronic security or information technology industry
- 2+ years' experience in the following:
- Networking and integrated solutions
- Managing large complex projects
- Understanding business processes and articulating value and ROI
- Reading and understanding architectural, mechanical and electrical documents
- Demonstrated computer skills, utilizing MS Office (with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook, Customer Relationship Management systems and social media platforms
- Valid State-Issued Driver's License
- Experience using Salesforce, SBN, COGNOS and/or SAP
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers
Posting ID: 559421306Posted: 2020-07-01