We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always.
You also have:
- 6+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer building digital experiences to market to consumers
- 4+ years management experience
- BA or MA in design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience
- Must have an online portfolio with examples of user workflows, design mockups, and documentation reflecting the design thinking used to solve specific customer or business problems
What You'll Do
- Proficient with industry standard design and prototyping tools, as demonstrated by samples of prior work
- Experience working in tight collaboration with development, product, marketing and content teams
- Commitment to improving processes and methods and maintaining a strong professional relationship with the development and design community.
- Proven working experience analyzing heat maps, user testing, and user research, prototyping, wire framing, and solution-based illustrations or design
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, to build rapport with end users and research team. To communicate findings and UX/UI direction to internal teams clearly and effectively
As a UX Manager, you'll be part of our Global Customer Experience (GCX) team located in Towson, MD. This dynamic marketing organization includes our Insights, Brand, Studio (Creative Services) and Industrial Design teams, all focused on helping drive sales growth for a $10B business.
The UX Manager will be responsible for researching, creating and driving engaging digital experiences. The management position will serve as a cross-functional team member; working on research and strategy, information architecture, workflow, wireframing, functional specification writing, design, testing, and prototyping. This role will collaborate with representatives from multiple brand design, strategy and insights teams to understand goals of each project and drive the team to execute.
- Conceive, develop, test and present ideas that deliver the highest quality user experience for our digital marketing channels in terms of innovation, simplicity and consistency
- Collaborate closely with Digital Marketing Managers, Digital Designers, Insights and IT and Agency partners to define detailed product requirements as prototypes, descriptions and detailed wireframes
- Communicate and present the idea and research that drives design/development and concepts to stakeholders as visualizations in a clear, well-documented form
- Further develop the design structures in sufficient detail that they can be expressed as clear features suitable for implementation by software development teams
- Define UX/UI functional specifications for website migrations and enhancements
Benefits & Perks
- Define and maintain process documentation for this evolving specialization. Educate and on-board collaborative team to understand UX/UI best practices
- Work with IT business services team, the Front-End Development team as well as agency partners to ensure the designs are implemented as intended and the integrity of the user experience is maintained in the final product
- Continually incorporate feedback to improve the UI/UX experience
- Effectively operate within a digital tech. team, managing UX responsibilities to meet defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight
- Design system management and digital brand standard alignment/iteration/evolution
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't liner here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. #Elu#LI-GK1All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Requisition Number
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers
Marketing & Communications