2nd & 3rd Shifts availableGENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Producing machine components that meet supplier and customer needs, work standards, and all quality requirements.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support daily manufacturing work schedules, meeting all goals of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Self-sufficiency in operating complex machining equipment including start-up and shutdown, re-starts after stoppages, and problem solving equipment processing issues.
- Self-sufficiency in product changeovers including CNC program modifications, cutting tool and holder selections, and part checking methods and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong math skills and part print interpretation skills including tolerances, GD&T, materials and processes.
- Ability to properly load/unload materials and parts in a safe & efficient manner.
- Demonstrate full understanding of complex gauging including set-up and operation.
- Perform necessary quality checks of parts including the effective use of calipers, micrometers and complex functional gauges.
- Remove chips/swarf from machines to maintain proper machinery operation.
- Perform operator PM of machinery including required lubrication & maintaining proper oil and coolant levels.
- Exhibit strong problem solving capabilities with ability to make process improvement recommendations.
- Work closely with team leader and team members to achieve necessary work requirements.
- Maintain a clean work environment including daily cleaning of floors and machinery within the assigned work area.
- Exhibit proficiency in basic shop skills including 5S and safety, obtaining & utilizing manufacturing documents, basic part print understanding, general gauging procedures, refractometer readings and coolant concentrations adjustments, general SPC station utilization, material scrap procedures, ISO guidelines, and productivity database utilization.
- Ability to maintain and operate multiple machines at a time.
- Complete any and all necessary forms and paperwork.
- Understands and follows the Jackson site's environmental policy and the environmental impacts associated with their work activities
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be capable of following written and verbal instructions
- Must be capable and willing to work in a machining environment requiring the use of cutting fluids and oils
- Must be capable of working in a standing job for continuous periods of 8-10 hours
- Must be capable of lifting and moving parts containers weighing up to 40 lbs
- Must be capable of focusing on safety first followed by quality
- Must be a team player, capable of working effectively in a team environment
- Must be flexible and willing to work the necessary overtime required to meet aggressive goals
- Must be dependable, punctual, and have good attendance
- Must demonstrate accountability and ownership
- Must demonstrate cooperativeness
- Must respect all people and work well with people of all levels
High school, plus 2 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Machinist 1 diploma strongly preferred.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously
required to stand; regularly
required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; frequently
required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and occasionally
required to climb or balance, talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Requisition Number
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law