THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO DEPARTMENT APPLICANTS ONLYPosition Summary
This is a specialized clinical and administrative position performing advanced Computed Tomography scanning procedures as well as supervising daily work in CT. This position requires at least five years of experience working as a CT Technologist in an acute care hospital, preferentially a large academic medical center. A technologist working at this level performs the functions of a CT Technologist III and in addition, leads and coordinates work of the CT Technologists. Must be able to accept assignments at all CT scanner locations which includes MMC Bramhall, Scarborough and Brighton; as directed by Manger. Work is performed under the direction of the Manager, CT.Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Knowledge of Computed Tomography equipment, procedures and techniques, radiation safety and protection as well as anatomy and physiology at a level generally acquired through completion of a two year program of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Licensure: Must be licensed as a Radiologic Technologist through the State of Maine or obtain licensure prior to hire.
- Must be registered through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists with advanced certification through the ARRT in Computed Tomography.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Experience: 5 years CT experience at a minimum, preferably in a large academic hospital
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all CT procedures, techniques, equipment and material used, as well as a high level of proficiency in performing all CT procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of all CT physics.
- Analytical ability to organize the activities of others and to make effective daily operational decisions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to direct the work of others, to maintain effective working relationships with technologists, managers, physicians and others, and to provide effective leadership of the technical staff.
- High level organizational skills with ability to develop and maintain multiple highly detailed process documents.
- Understands and supports a culture of ownership and engagement.
- Ability to function in administrative role in the absence of the CT Manager.
- Specialized Knowledge:
- Other: Required to travel between facilities as needed.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 559421345Posted: 2020-06-03