Responsible for programming and operating CNC equipment; and fabrication of raw metal into finished parts and tools.Essential Functions:
- Program, set up and operate CNC equipment and machining centers for fabrication of raw materials into finished parts maintaining company high quality and machine standards.
- Read and interpret sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations.
- Set-up and operate manual machines such as lathe or mill when required.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Adjust machine controls as required, document changes according to company procedure.
- Make offset adjustments and perform maintenance maintaining dimensional integrity.
- Complete documentation of set-ups on to set-up sheets accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review blueprint travelers for accuracy.
- Maintain good general housekeeping duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or GED; Technical Certification or Degree preferred. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.Experience:
Three to five years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment. Related experience. Prior experience with manual lathe setup and operation preferred. Mori Seiki lathe experience preferred.Technical Skills:
- Ability to read drawings and sketches.
- Ability to set up CNC machine in accordance with procedures.
- Knowledge of machine fabrication shop processes and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of CNC procedures.
- Knowledge of product identification, traceability and status.
- Ability to adhere to company Quality Policy.
- Strong mathematics skills.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with peers and management.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner and to safely perform essential job tasks.
- Ability to perform tasks with view to producing quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet customer project schedules.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when working on jobs.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10-hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10-hour day, bend, lift product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 200 pounds; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers
Operations (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement)
Posting ID: 559421426Posted: 2020-06-03