Stanley Black & Decker is a vibrant, diversified, global industrial company - a company of enduring substance since 1843 that is striving to be one of the most innovative and sustainable companies in the world. Our people are bold and agile, yet thoughtful and disciplined. With the ambition to inspire makers and innovators to create a more sustainable world. If you're seeking to bring your unique value and contribute to an inclusive, collaborative and purpose-driven culture that integrates performance excellence and innovation - join us.PURPOSE
The Field Operations Leader for the branch is responsible for providing leadership and daily support to direct and indirect reports within the branch. Field Operations Leaders will work directly with the Service Team ensuring timely and efficient delivery to our local and national customer base.
The main activities of this position are to train, coach and mentor STANLEY Field Technicians providing expert technical assistance to resolve roadblocks during service calls and assisting with complicated service requests. This individual will also assist in identifying T&M opportunities. They will effectively partner with dispatch and build relationships with customers to ensure their needs are being met. Essential Position Accountabilities
- Form and lead high performing teams and contribute to branch efforts to source, hire, train and develop talent to drive branch success. Provide feedback and coaching through regular check-ins and the OPR process.
- Maintain a high level of visibility in the field, leading Technicians, and monitoring the work of both technicians and subcontractors. Contribute technical assistance by testing or troubleshooting new system installs. Ensure systems local, county, state or federal codes as well as legal requirements are being met.
- Provide technical expertise to more difficult jobs to ensure quality work and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and/or schedule on-site work activities assuring timely delivery of equipment and milestone achievements to ensure successful new installations, system updates, preventative maintenance or service/repair.
- Contribute to a Customer First environment which achieves ultimate customer service/satisfaction while meeting/exceeding branch targets, STANLEY Standard and other performance KPIs and financial targets.
- Mentor and coach technicians and coordinators on the proper techniques, working safely, customer service and overall performance and skill development and document timely and appropriately following our SBD Organization & People Review process (OPR 2.0) consistently promoting that People Matter.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed and that the company is in compliance with all regulatory rules and regulations to promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment and reduce workplace accidents and injuries.
- Champion, educate and implement and/or continue to develop the STANLEY Standard processes within the branch and ensure all technicians perform to these processes and metrics. This may include but not be limited to facilitating and participating in regular STANLEY Standard huddles, delivering Tool-Box Talks, performing Tech ride-alongs, initiating corrective action and other activities as needed.
- Promptly address customer issues and complaints, and develop solutions to resolve issues timely, and effectively. Communicate with appropriate district personnel regarding customer issues, and status of resolving such issues to foster a customer- focused workplace.
- Monitor, review and approve technician and coordinator timecards in a timely manner, utilizing tools available (Kronos, GPS, policy) to ensure accuracy and compliance to any applicable state required wage (including but not limited to OT, DT and prevailing wage), shift, meal and break laws.
- Maintain company property and documentation in accordance with established policies, handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner, and adhere to and support Stanley Black & Decker and Stanley Electronic Security policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- Responsibilities include hiring, training, reviewing and developing all technicians on the team.
- Field Leaders must have flexibility to support technicians who work an on-call rotation covering after hours and weekend emergency calls.
- 50% Travel required throughout branch geography to support business needs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years' experience in a lead/supervisor/manager role in the electronic security industry.
- 2+ years' of technical experience in the electronic security industry installing, programming and/or servicing on-site security systems in a commercial/ construction setting.
- Valid state driver's license without restrictions meeting FLEET requirements for driving eligibility.
- Vocational/Technical degree in aligned area of study (Computers, electronics, engineering, computer networking etc.)
- Louisiana State Fire License
- Technical certifications: Lenel, Pro-Watch, Genetec, Milestone and Software House
- PMP Certification
- Prior experience directly managing a team of hourly employees
- Experience using SAP, SBN or other related ERP
- Experience with an online performance management system
- Knowledge of project management, resources allocation, technician utilization and cost control
- Possess an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these to cost containment in managing projects
- Demonstrated ability to conduct weekly meetings and report on project activity.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects
- Be technically adept and have experience with common Microsoft Office, web-based systems and conferencing/video technology.
Field Support City
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
Posting ID: 559421445Posted: 2020-06-24