- Under the general direction of the Cardiopulmonary/Sleep Director and the Sleep Clinic Director, sleep technologists;
The practice of Sleep Technology includes performance under the order of, and under the general supervision of a physician licensed by the State Board of Medicine.
- Assist in the clinical assessment,
- physiological monitoring and testing,
- And prevention of sleep related disorders with the use of various diagnostic and therapeutic tools providing care to patients of all ages. These tools include but are not limited to;
- positive airway pressure devices,
- nocturnal oxygen,
- screening devices
- And questionnaires.
- Licensure / Certification / Registration: Completion of an educational program in Respiratory Care. 2 year certificate, associate degree, and/or baccalaureate degree after program completion. Must be registered with the Kentucky Board of Respiratory Care. Must be registered with the: Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) (RPSGT) and/or American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) (RST).
- Education: Completion of an educational program in respiratory Care. 2 yr certificate, associated degree, and or baccalaureate degree.
- Experience: Successful completion of an orientation program.
- Special Qualifications: Good communication skills; computer skills helpful; ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
Obtaining and maintaining competence in the performance of basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Posting ID: 559421458Posted: 2020-06-03