The Division Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides leadership and direction on financial operations for a Division.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Responsible for driving strategic operational and financial operations initiatives for Division.
- Provide oversight and leadership on financial controls, month-end financial close, and budget preparation process.
- Ensure accurate financial reporting, including audit and SOX compliance.
- Provide financial analysis to Facility CEO in support of operational considerations.
- Support succession planning by developing new and existing CFOs for their next leadership step.
- Create an environment of accountability in achieving budgeted metrics and/or targets.
- Identify opportunities for financial operations improvement and/or increased compliance with established financial controls.
- Support System/Market/Facility CEO in the selection of CFOs, as well as ongoing assessment of performance.
- Assume a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing facility operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
- Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, and state regulatory environments as needed.
Qualifications :KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Manage the work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensures quality standards. Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff.
: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.Education
: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business, Master's Degree PreferredExperience
: Minimum 15 years' related experience with 5 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care facility is required.Certifications
: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification Preferred.Licenses
: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License Preferred.WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Extensive overnight travel (over 50%) by land and/or air.
Posting ID: 559421538Posted: 2020-07-14