Job Description JOB BRIEF
The Compliance Officer will be a member of the Deposit Product Compliance team within Compliance Risk Management. The Compliance Officer will provide support to various lines of business by researching, interpreting and assisting with applying the assigned laws and regulations to each applicable line of business. As subject matter expert for their assigned laws and regulations, the Compliance Officer will provide consultative advice across all lines of business related to compliance. The Compliance Officer will perform oversight activities and assume responsibility for mitigating and discouraging actions that may expose KeyCorp and its affiliates to risk outside its desired risk appetite. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- For assigned lines of business and/or regulations, serve as the corporate subject matter expert across the designated lines of business.
- Develop relationships of trust and confidence with the designated lines of business.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of line of business processes and controls.
- Proactively identify process improvements or control gaps and facilitate necessary associated changes.
- Keep abreast of new laws and regulations.
- Assist with regulatory compliance exams.
- Assist with corporate policy and training development.
- Educate and provide consultative advice on assigned regulations.
- Provide independent review and challenge on various line of business activities.
- Participate in or lead various projects related to mitigating risk to Key.
- Bachelor's Degree required; substantial industry experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree; Juris Doctorate or CRCM preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as a financial services compliance professional, bank regulator or other comparable legal experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the banking industry, particularly deposit product offerings and the systems supporting them.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret federal and state laws that apply to the designated lines of business and other areas related to Regulations D, E, CC, DD, deposit insurance coverage, Joint Guidance on Overdraft Protection Programs, and other social media or advertising requirements.
- Strong relationship management and leadership skills.
- Candidate must possess the wherewithal and flexibility to undertake new functions/tasks as the Compliance Risk and line of business evolves and grows.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Sound decision-making skills; able to make decisions independently and quickly.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Sound understanding of compliance risks.
- Strong research skills coupled with strong problem solving/analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 559421826Posted: 2020-06-03