This Swing Shift supervisor will be responsible for doing the following things:
Under the occasional supervision of thevalue stream manager, the production supervisor is responsible for the product which is being produced and the management of the people within their area. Production supervisors are liaisons between management and the employees. More specifically, the production supervisor is responsible for implementing company initiatives and motivating the workforce to meet goals. Production supervisors accomplish this by maintaining human safety, assisting in product-quality inspections, implementing ideas to improve manufacturing efficiency, interfacing with vendors, and being responsible for collecting, recording, and reporting operational data.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing the production schedule to prepare for the products that will be running during the shift.
- Reviewing the production rates from the previous day and investigating the causes and possible solutions to any problems reflected in the metrics.
- Continually inspecting the production area to verify that everything is operating properly.
- Updating the production board every two hours to communicate the number of cases that were produced and noting any problems that might have resulted in reduced production.
- Continually verifying that the products meet specifications.
- Verifying every two hours that the labels being applied to the clamshells and cases are correct.
- Distributing production specifications to the Leads so they are informed of the details for each of the products that they are running for their shift and they have an appropriate amount of employees on the line.
- Facilitating a five minute employee meeting each day to keep the employees informed of safety precautions, performance, policies, etc.
- Verifying that the Label Operators are keeping an accurate record of the products which are being produced.
- Completing employee vacation forms, status change forms and terminations in a timely manner.
- Coaching employees that are not meeting their performance goals and rewarding employees for good performance.
- Effectively administer and follow corporate policies and procedures to assure health and safety of the people and materials
- In the event of their absence, the responsibility is delegated to the shift business unit manager.
- Responsible for food safety, food defense and food quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. EEO Considerations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
ApplyApplyNot ready to Apply?CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
- Operations Manager Jobs
- Quality Manager Jobs
Not Ready To Apply?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
Join Our Talent Network
2019 TreeHouse Foods
- All rights reserved
- Terms & Conditions
Posting ID: 559422176Posted: 2020-06-03