Job Description About the Job:
The Predictive Modeling & Advanced Analytics team at KeyBank is looking for a Data Science leader who will lead the decision sciences team for Small Business/Business Banking lending, to enable the bank to optimize credit decisions and manage risk.
Predictive Modeling & Advanced analytics team is responsible for credit analytics and credit decision strategies for the enterprise. This team is a trusted advisor of the senior management, product owners and risk managers. Members of this team use their domain expertise to translate business needs into questions, innovative thinking to formulate an analytic approach, perform the appropriate analysis, translate insights into actionable recommendations, and communicate results & impacts to stakeholders. This group drives decisions across branch and digital originations, risk tier assessment, line and price assignment. In order to approve / deny applications appropriately, scorecards, strategies, and reporting are critical to assess and differentiate credit risk based on customer attributes. Analytics on these originations, as well as identification of target markets and opportunities is a central focus of the team.
As a 'leader, your primary responsibility will be to drive KeyBank's origination strategy for Small Business/Business Banking lines and loans leveraging industry best tools, innovative solution and life cycle data. This will entail utilizing statistical methodologies to solve business problems, such as decision trees, cluster analysis, constrained optimization, machine learning and other artificial learning techniques to develop a comprehensive portfolio strategy. You will be expected to provide direction to the team, provide & seek both horizontal and vertical thought leadership and be an innovation champion for the future
As a senior member of the team, you will need to communicate closely with Line of Business & Risk Executives and Model Risk Management. This position represents a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to serve as a subject matter expert on business practices, credit decisioning guidelines, and credit policies. Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize statistical tools to develop models and analyses for credit decisioning and strategy
- Manage projects from start to finish, including obtaining stakeholder involvement, project design, analysis, driving yourself and/or the project team toward timely delivery, business presentations, assisting product owners with implementation.
- Perform a broad range of quantitative analyses to develop and test in-house and vendor origination and pricing solutions; includes work on coding, data processing, creation of methodologies, testing, ongoing monitoring and periodic tuning
- Explore forward-thinking analytics and methodologies for model development, model testing, and analysis of model output
- Creatively derive strategies that optimize the risk / reward trade-off for small business lines and loans
- Work closely with other consumer and commercial teams, facilitate collaboration with line of business and credit executives
- Write/review documentation to comply with KeyBank model governance standards and regulatory expectations
- MS/MA in statistics, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quantitative solution building
- Superior programing skills (SQL, SAS, Python, R or similar) and familiarity with advanced analytics
- Strong small business knowledge and familiarity with financial statements
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills coupled with data management ability
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, ability to support several projects and meet strict deadlines
- Organized self-starter with the ability to think and work independently and creatively
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with key stakeholders. Ability to translate financial modeling terminology into terms understandable to diverse groups and give cohesive presentations
- Team player with ability to work within a highly collaborative environment.
- Previous experience working with Small Business/Business Banking credit analytics
- Experience with third party small business data, such as SBFE scores and attributes
- Advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality and VBA
- Familiar with Tableau or other business intelligence tool for visualizing data
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.