At McKesson, we work with health care organizations of all types to strengthen the health of their business, helping them control costs, develop efficiencies and improve quality. We build essential connections that make health care smarter, creating intelligent networks that expand access, reduce waste, and bring people and information closer together. We supply the industry with the resources, support and technology it needs to create new standards and a world of better health.
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that is vital to us all. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career! Position Summary
Reporting to the Export Supervisor, the position holder will play a pivotal role in the success of the brokerage department. The position will have responsibility to ensure effective and efficient file processing, ISF, customs clearance, OGA releases and deliveries to the distribution centers. The candidate will be responsible for the document flow, clearance times and communicating any delays, releases and ETA's to the proper parties within McKesson. This position will require training to include but not limited to: U.S. Customs Regulations, Free Trade agreements, Valuation, Entry, Post Entry and Harmonized Tariff Classification procedures. Key Responsibilities:
- Willingness to learn all aspects of US Import clearance and transportation
- Work collaboratively with operations to seek continuous improvements in operations
- Maintain excellent day to day relationships and communications with the all key stakeholders in the supply chain - manufacturers, freight forwarders / carriers, and McKesson Medical Surgical business unit's personnel.
- Work with all intersections on ISF documentation.
- 1 to 3 years of Import Clearance experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on judgement and integrity
- Ability to work effectively with others to accomplish goals in a challenging environment
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- C-TPAT knowledge preferred
- Self starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates understanding of customer needs / requirements, consistent with organization priorities
- Understanding of FDA and other government agencies role within the import process
- Excellent attention to detail and planning ability
- Understanding of customs and beliefs of other groups or cultures
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in MS Office Word and Excel
- Traditional office environment
CAREER LEVEL: P1-AssociateMcKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- Large percent of time performing desk-based work (computer, telephone)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!