We are seeking a Senior Payroll Tax Credit Specialist
to join the team in The Woodlands, Texas. Job Summary
The Senior Payroll Tax Credit Specialist will be an expert in payroll tax credit
and handle and maintain all payroll tax credit opportunities for McKesson entities. Take the lead in researching, analyzing and proposing future tax savings and credit opportunities to McKesson leadership. Handle current credit incentives and prior year credit opportunities.
Deliver data analytics and presentations on proposals and handle quarterly and annual wage and tax adjustments. A high visibility role, represents the organization on projects and performs in a project leadership role. Key Responsibilities
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Processes and manages research, data analytics, and provides recommendations to determine tax savings and credit opportunities for all McKesson entities with little to no direction. Involved in vendor selection process. Maintains monthly credit and savings presentation to upper management.
- Handles all current joint rate accounts as well as future opportunities proposed by third party vendor. Including but not limited to data analytics and gathering, annual applications, tracking and filing. Working with other intercompany departments as necessary to determine merger and acquisition details that may affect joint rate cancellations or changes.
- Processes all current tax credit filings for Iowa Job Tax Credit, South Carolina Job Tax Credit, and Nevada Commerce Tax Credit with the agencies and through ADP. Processes quarterly filing, payments and amendments as necessary. As well as identifies new payroll tax credit opportunities.
- Performs all necessary requirements for all voluntary contribution opportunity credits, working directly with third party vendor and agencies. Processes all required paperwork, power of attorney forms, check requests and filing to ensure McKesson entities are assessed a lower state unemployment rate.
- Manages current WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credit) credits for the US Oncology Network and any new opportunities for all McKesson entities. Works closely with third party vendors and many different levels within the intercompany departments.
- Processes all quarterly error and adjustment reports needed for quarterly processing. Entering wage and tax adjustments into Workday for W-2 Error report (FICA out of balances), Negative Wage and Tax report, Employee Visa related issues, state reciprocal issues, working closely with the Senior Tax Analyst, Payroll Supervisor and Payroll Specialist.
- Generates W2Cs for any tax related issues including but not limited to tax incompliance, multi-state employees, address changes, transfers and payroll tax election changes. Processes wage and tax adjustments to state income tax withholding, state unemployment, federal, FICA, locals, etc. Researches prior quarter and prior year entries and adjustments, working closely with the Senior Tax Analyst, Payroll Supervisor and Payroll Specialist.
- Degree or equivalent and typically requires 2+ years of relevant experience
- Payroll tax processing experience requiredin a multi-state payroll environment required
- Advanced knowledge of payroll tax credits required
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- 4-year degree or equivalent
- Experienced, fully competent in all payroll tax areas (i.e. federal, state, local withholding, federal and state unemployment, etc.) and completes role independently or with minimal to no supervision.
- Conducts activities with broad application of principles, theories and concepts within payroll tax
- Provides resolutions and suggestions to a diverse range of complex tax issues and problems and uses judgement within defined policies and practices.
- Works under limited direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions and provides recommendations to upper management. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization on projects and performs in a project leadership role.
- Ability to self-start and utilize organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to meet deadlines and goals
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Excellent professional communication skills in listening, verbalization and writing
- Ability to communicate with all organizational levels in a positive, motivated and constructive manner
- Skilled in creating and delivering presentations and proposals to leaders
Advanced to Expert - Power Point
Advanced to Expert - Excel Working Conditions:
- Traditional office environment.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- Large percent of time performing computer based work is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!
Posting ID: 559422306Posted: 2020-06-03