Empowering healthcare starts with you. At McKesson, whether you work in HR or marketing, finance or public affairs, you're making a difference. You'll spark a chain reaction that results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the nation's leading healthcare services company, we touch virtually every aspect of healthcare. We empower our customers by delivering vital supplies and solutions. And we empower our employees through a supportive environment where opportunity and responsibility grow. Our exceptional leadership team provides the vision and strategy to advance healthcare, so you can feel confident in our direction and your future. At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you. Current Need
The Vice President, Compliance and Ethics, Data and Technology ("VP") will support the McKesson's Pharmaceutical Services and Solutions (PSaS) business. The VP oversees the enhancement and implementation of the compliance program for the technology and data programs within McKesson's Pharmaceutical Services and Solutions (PSaS) business. The position will be located in Las Colinas, Texas (near Dallas). The VP will report directly to McKesson's Senior Vice President, Compliance & Ethics, PSaS (within McKesson's General Counsel Organization). The VP will be responsible for ensuring that the technology and data business within PSaS have an effective compliance program that is designed to prevent and detect misconduct, and that its core businesses are acting in compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations and McKesson's policies.
The ideal candidate will have significant legal and/or compliance experience in healthcare data and technology compliance. He or she will have broad familiarity with the laws and regulations governing the activities of such business as well as a strong executive presence and the demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with large teams consisting of business, legal, compliance, audit and human resources colleagues in a highly-matrixed environment. Key responsibilities
Typical Minimum Qualifications
- Ensuring the implementation and maintenance of an effective compliance program across the PSaS technology and data businesses.
- Effectively managing a team of compliance and regulatory affairs professionals and providing for their continued engagement and development.
- Supporting the businesses' goals while building and maintaining a strong culture of compliance throughout the organization by, among other things, implementing effective and business-savvy policies, procedures and training; ensuring open and effective lines of communication at all levels of the organization; supporting investigations, risk assessments, audit and monitoring activities; and driving enterprise-wide compliance and regulatory affairs initiatives.
- Establishing and supporting effective business processes and controls to ensure the organization is satisfying its regulatory and compliance obligations including remediating any identified gaps in a timely fashion.
- Supporting integration and reorganizational activities.
- Establishing effective partnerships across the business and enabling functions, such as Internal Audit, Human Resources, IT, Employee Relations, Legal, etc.
- Typically requires 15+ years of relevant experience
- Degree or equivalent
Additional Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, including experience in healthcare compliance programs focused on data and technology.
- Broad experience planning, developing, implementing, monitoring and managing compliance or legal programs in the healthcare data and technology industry.
- Proven track record creating the foundational elements of an effective compliance program such as drafting policies, creating and delivering training, and implementing effective compliance auditing and monitoring programs.
- Significant experience with the relevant laws, rules and regulations. Familiarity with state and federal regulatory agencies that govern healthcare companies and McKesson's business.
- Leadership competencies, to include strong management capabilities and ability to develop others. Ability to influence and collaborate in a highly matrixed environment. Business acumen - able to understand and leverage knowledge of key business drivers
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- Unquestioned ethics, judgment, integrity and courage.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate to all organizational levels.
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity and to remain flexible under pressure.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Strong influencing and partnership skills.
- Effective team player.
- Relationship builder.
- Strategic, business-oriented and pragmatic.
- Strong implementer.
- An outstanding record of academic achievement, including an undergraduate degree. A law degree and several years as a practicing attorney are preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!