McKessonCorp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by JohnMcKessonand Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products.
We're in an era of unprecedented complexity in healthcare. Patient care is not where it should be. While many of the organizations delivering the care need to get much healthier, too. This is why our vision is to improve care in every setting - one product, one partner, one patient at a time. And we're making this happen every day by touching virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with biopharma companies, care providers, pharmacies, manufacturers, governments and others to deliver the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the patients who need them, when they need them - safely and cost-effectively.
United by ourICARE values, our 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson has two leading national group purchasing organizations (GPOs) - Onmark and Unity. McKesson provides its members access to a premier contract portfolio and to innovative business and clinical solutions to help members operate more efficiently and deliver cost-effective, high-quality patient care. The Onmark and Unity GPOs have more than 2,500 member practices representing over 4,500 physicians. By leveraging the collective buying power of the respective memberships, the Onmark and Unity GPOs negotiate contracts with leading pharmaceutical manufacturers for the most widely-used chemotherapy, biologic and supportive care agents used to treat cancer patients. These contracts provide Onmark and Unity GPO members access to significant contract discounts and rebates.
This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Vice President of GPO Services, Oncology Provider. The Sr Manager is responsible for:
Key Accountabilities1. Serve as the key clinical resource to GPO contracting efforts.
- Maintaining an informed perspective on the clinical developments impacting the use of biologics and pharmaceuticals in oncology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, neurology, ophthalmology, and other specialties;
- Using that perspective to shape GPO contracting and pull-through efforts; and
- Leading various clinical projects/initiatives within the GPO and across other MCK businesses.
2. Serve as key clinical resource to GPO provider and analytic efforts.
- Maintain regular dialogue with clinical contacts at all key pharma/biotech companies and provider key opinion leaders (KOLs) regarding clinical evidence.
- Synthesize learnings into an all-encompassing view of the drug pipeline and evolving foundation of evidence-based care.
- Educate leadership team and Business Development Directors on key developments and the implications of those developments.
- Influence GPO strategy.
- Serve as a liaison between Pharma and McKesson internal teams as it relates to questions about clinical technology and other clinical offerings for provider customers.
3. Serve as drug and disease information resource for the GPO as it relates to opportunities for the GPO and healthcare clinical data.
- Provide clinical comparisons and talking points for Competitive Therapeutic Area analyses.
- Lead the Onmark Clinical Advisory Counsel, comprised of providers.
- Lead GPO's efforts to collaborate with Onmark Clinical Specialists and US Oncology Pharmacy Operations teams.
- Coordinate clinical education on new drugs and formulations for field-based teams.
4. Serve on the GPO Services leadership team and the Provider Solutions Extended Leadership Team.
- Evaluate opportunities for Value-Based Care or Clinical Metric GPO Contracts, including obtaining provider feedback.
- Partner with McKesson Data Evidence and Insights team to request and analyze proprietary clinical data from an oncology EMR system.
- Partner with pharma/biotech companies in structuring/executing such clinical-metric contracts.
- Develop messaging for practices on contract performance and design clinical reports to enhance contract pull through.
5. Participate and present concepts/findings in certain key manufacturer and provider customer meetings.Typical Minimum Requirements
- Influence/shape strategy, contribute opinions, challenge preconceptions, and help the business develop and implement strategies to make our customers and McKesson thrive.
- Lend expertise as needed to cross-functional teams/projects assessing the impact of Specialty drugs on McKesson business functions.
- 7+ years of relevant clinical and business experience preferably related to oncology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, and/or neurology
- Degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Experience analyzing, translating, and communicating clinical data and insights into concrete, actionable recommendations is a must
- Ability to prioritize and quickly deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives that have significant financial impact
- Proven ability to establish, enhance and manage customer relationships and leverage those relationships to drive revenue and profit
- Experience with healthcare data analyses using EMR and medical/pharmacy claims
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Previous Group Purchasing Organization experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with/for pharmaceutical manufacturers preferred
- Strong service selling, service delivery and client relationship skills
- Strong project leadership skills
- Results driven, with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership skills with experience working in matrixed organization
- The Woodlands, TX
- Alpharetta, GA
- Nashville, TN
- Spokane, WA (remote)
- General Office Demands
- Between 25 - 50% travel may be required
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. Agency Statement
No agencies please McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!