McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe. Position Description
Manages the daily processes and expectations for insurance verification, medical coverage reviews and authorization. Monitors, reports on and ensures expectations are met for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Manages staff training and development to ensure departmental success and professional development. Key Responsibilities
- Manages the daily Patient Access functions of insurance verification, medical coverage review, and authorization by monitoring key activities related to all functions within the department.
- Manages staff training, development, counseling, disciplinary actions, and all other HR activity. Creates and maintains staff engagement training programs, specifically targeting staff by observing workflow, communications, and process adherence.
- Develops and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the patient access department and ensures established expectations are met.
- Manages the development and timely monitoring of work distribution and work performance levels for designated staff to ensure work quality and quantity reach and exceed performance standards related to departmental goals and objectives
- Develops and executes short and long-term goals for the department consistent with established hospital/organizational goals and objectives.
- Manages staff, process and tools/resources/equipment to ensure compliance with all department policy and procedure, laws and governmental guidelines related to patient access.
- Develops and implements process improvement initiatives, both intradepartmental and interdepartmental, to drive success for the business unit.
- 6+ years relevant professional experience and supervisory experience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 3+ years-experience in managing patient access functions to include insurance verification and authorization
- Progressively responsible related experience that demonstrates leadership abilities
- Ability to understand what is required to ensure payment related to insurance verification, medical policy and authorization
- Knowledge of HIPAA and all other regulatory rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of HCPCS, CPT and ICD 10 coding plus modifiers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Infusion experience is a plus
- Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work to resolve issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Execution-oriented and patient-focused nature
- Strong process improvement, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to make quick sound decisions
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Consistently demonstrate McKesson's iLead and iCare principles
- Degree or equivalent experience
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us. Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare! McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!
Posting ID: 559422451Posted: 2020-06-03