Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Principal Information System Security Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Configure and maintain security tools to include but not limited to ACAS (Tenable Security Center/Nessus) Vulnerability scanning and reporting, HBSS (endpoint security), Ivanti Heat (device Control), and Splunk (SEIM).
- Perform requirements analysis, design, and integration for complex software applications and collaboration infrastructures to be securely introduced into the network
- Architect and implement technical solutions for Risk Management Framework (RMF) security controls.
- Conduct assessment testing and reporting in accordance with the RMF and NIST 800-53; identifies deficiencies (POA&M) and provides recommendations for solutions; develop SCTM requirements for new applications and assist in identifying mitigation strategies
- Develop automated continuous monitoring (CONMON) frameworks, identify key items needing monitored and functions to automate based on Applications SCTM controls. Work with Splunk SME to integrate this function with Splunk. Develop automated scripts and applications to perform tasks.
- Provide ongoing recommendations on enhancing security support structures across networks via research and implementation plans
- Participate in the change management process, and assess security impact of proposed changes
- Write implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented
- Design and implement an encryption solution for workstations and the datacenter environment
- Define, plan, design, and evaluate information security systems support structure tools with an emphasis on Splunk integration
- Work with the Splunk SME to integrate applications, Splunk engineering configuration adjustments, maintenance, automation, and real-time dashboard configuration support
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the fields of mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science and 7-9 years related experience; or Master's degree with 7-9 years of experience
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and be capable of quantifying risk to enterprise systems and level of compliance with security policy
- Experience working with Logs from various products such as Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Exchange, Linux
- Experience utilizing some form of Log management or SEIM product such as ArcSight, Snort, Splunk, Quest Intrust, LogRythm etc...
- Scripting Experience: PowerShell, VBScript, Batch Scripting (linux or windows)
- Experience with assessment testing, RMF, information assurance tools, DoD STIG, and vulnerability assessment
- DoD 8570 IAT Level III certification
- Experience with McAfee EPO (DISA HBSS)
- Valid US Driver's License
- Up to 10% travel
- ACAS (Tenable Security Center/Tenable Nessus) configuration experience a plus
- Splunk Power user, Administrator or Architect certification
- Expert level experience with Splunk design, configuration, and implementation
- PKI, RSA technologies experience a plus
- Experience working with Data Loss Prevention or Device Control Policy systems desired
- Linux Administration experience
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active Top Secret Clearance with investigation date within past 6 years.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
- Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.