Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Technical Writer/Editor
to join our team at Fort Meade, MD. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the editing of material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications.
- Edits the most complex manuscripts by reviewing content for completeness, accuracy and correctness of language use and revises manuscripts to meet predetermined standards of style and accuracy.
- Looks for inconsistencies of thought, development or organization.
- Confers with authors to recommend treatment of material. Reorganizes, cuts or rewrites as necessary.
- May edit copy as well.
- May supervise junior staff.
- Provide editorial support to analysts writing CI analytic products in support of analysis in response to specific requirements listed in AR381-12, AR381-20, and AR525-13, and DoD Instruction 5240.18.
- Responsible for independently editing, designing, and managing the contents of the finished multimedia intelligence publications which are disseminated on the INTELINK and INTELINK-S for the entire IC.
- Additionally responsible for ensuring final products are written with adequate clarity for the intended audience, arranged logically, grammatically correct, adheres to accepted rules of style, and contains the proper security classification caveats and markings as directed by national/DoD/DA guidance.
- Modify templates developed in Microsoft Word 2003 for 24 existing product lines and sub-product lines for products that range from two to more than one hundred pages in length.
- Provide analysts with expert technical knowledge and advice in planning, coordinating, and the time sequencing involved in the steps required to produce a publication.
- Represent the ACIC at meetings with Government contractors, personnel from DA, National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC), and National level intelligence agencies to discuss and solve technical issues involving the publication of final intelligence products, dissemination on electronic media, and conforming standards with Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DODIIS).
Security Clearance Requirements
- Requires formal training in a particular discipline, excellent communications skills and extensive editing experience.
- Education and Experience: Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10 to 12 years of related (technical writing, editing) experience and supervisory/management experience.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Posting ID: 559422666Posted: 2020-06-17