Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Database Administrator to join our team in the Springfield, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customers and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. Required Qualifications
- Shall have 5 or more years of progressive experience with Microsoft SQL Server capturing stakeholder and business requirements, designing, engineering, implementing, securing, and operating and maintaining vendor currently supported enterprise-level Microsoft SQL Server DB solutions (SQL Server 2012 and newer) across an IT multiplatform (Microsoft, *nix etc.) enterprise information systems (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience implementing, maintaining, testing, and validating Microsoft SQL Server High Availability (HA) technologies and concepts, such as Basic and Always-on Availability Groups (BAG/AAGs), to maximize the availability, resiliency, reliability, and fault tolerance of product DB environments.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, maintaining, testing, and validating Microsoft SQL Server Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions, built on technologies and concepts such as log shipping and stretched AAGs, to ensure both local and off-site recovery capabilities within established Recovery Time and Point Objectives (RTO/RPOs).
- Demonstrated experience leveraging vendor provided best practices, systems, applications, and services to regularly patch and upgrade deployed Microsoft SQL Server implementations to maintain compliance and configuration requirements, minimizing, and eliminating if possible, production and end-user impact and/or downtime.
- Demonstrated experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell, PowerShell on Linux, Bash, T/SQL, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine, as well as complex, DBA duties and responsibilities, with a focus on maximizing efficiency, consistency, and minimizing the subsequent human error factor of related tasks.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Journeyman proficiency level for specialty area Operations & Maintenance - Data Administration as outlined in SECNAVM-5239.2.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): SQL 2016 DB Administration certified.
- Technical certifications in additional enterprise-level DB and OS vendor technologies, such as Microsoft, Nutanix, Oracle, and/or VMware, are also a plus.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 architectures, implementation, and configurations within enterprise production environments is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of common Microsoft SQL Server DBA activities to include DB health checks, Dynamic Management Views (DMVs), index optimization, performance tuning, query optimization, maintenance plans, link servers, etc. A thorough understanding of DMV views and how to utilize them to improve performance and monitoring is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience performing Microsoft SQL Server performance tuning with specific experience with analyzing query plans, tuning stored procedures, troubleshooting deadlocks, blocks, and long running queries, as well isolating and resolving Input/output (I/O) and CPU bottlenecks.
- Demonstrated experience implementing, maintaining, testing, and validating Microsoft SQL Server Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE) and Data-in-Flight Encryption (DIFE) technologies and concepts, in line with vendor guidance, best practice, and PISA STIG, and ININFOSEC requirements are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience migrating older, and legacy, Microsoft SQL Server platforms, such as SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2, to SQL Server 2016 is a plus.
- Familiarity and willingness to work with other vendor DB platforms, such as MariaDB, MongoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, and Oracle are a strong plus.
- Familiarity with using third-party vendor backup solutions, such as Veeam Availability Suite, together with Microsoft SQL Server protection planning is a plus.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Posting ID: 559422705Posted: 2020-07-08