Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Technical Writer to join our team in the Marshall, VA area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation for system tradecraft methodologies to include: operations documentation, user guides, technical publications, briefings and training materials.
- Gather technical information, prepares written text.
- Interpreting engineering, maintenance drawings and operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of system-related information.
- Maintaining current internal documentation library.
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
- Work on all phases of documentation to ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications (as required) and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Using multiple word processing and presentation tools, such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Coordinate with technical personnel to document key elements of operational functionality, including overviews, processes/workflows, requirements, etc., to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Review and edit government policy documents for grammar, format, and clarity prior to approval.
- Develop and improve policy documentation formats for consistency and compliance with higher headquarter requirements.
- Review documents for consistency and conformity to Program standards.
- Work with technical experts and subject matter experts to draft program plans.
- Aid in the development of accreditation documentation.
- Review and edit SOPs related to standard IT workflows.
- Provide weekly status reports to customer and ManTech management on the status of all ongoing activities.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Must have Bachelor degree and 7-9 years of related experience.
- Proven experience in recommending solutions that improve customer satisfaction andor the mission of the customer.
- Experience with policy and engineering technical writing.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- An active and current TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.