West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director of Software Engineering
Capital One is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game changing customer experience across our Risk Management ecosystem. This leader must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering next generation software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software that integrates automation, machine learning, and predictive analytics. Risk Management is the next frontier where you'll create solutions that apply proactive and real-time capabilities to identity threats and opportunities to create true competitive advantage. Background:
- Technologist: Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our product and engineering solutions
- Effective Communication: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff
- Partnership Attitude: Have the competencies to build very strong partnerships with other technology leaders that enable your team's ability to stay on the leading edge of industry solutions
- Curious: Hands-on, 'roll up your sleeves' collaborative style of working
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization
- Bold: History of taking smart, calculated risks and aggressively leading through change.
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals
- Lead, manage, and grow multiple teams of product focused software & data engineers
- Embrace and incubate emerging technology and open source products across all platforms
- Work to modernize our existing tech stacks and data platforms
- Collaborate with internal teams to find areas of opportunities for automation and machine learning
- Partner with architects, product owners, data professionals, and software & data engineers to drive the implementation of new applications
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments and provide operational support for the applications.
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years experience in software development and data engineering
- At least 4 years experience leading full stack development teams.
- At least 2 years experience in cloud native development
- At least 2 years experience working on data streaming applications
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree
- 15+ years' experience in software development
- 10+ year's experience leading full stack and data engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience with AWS
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).