114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director, Software Engineering Senior Director, Software Engineering
Capital One is hard at work to transform how we work by leveraging data science and machine learning across our organization. In this role, you will play a key role in building enterprise products and platforms that help infuse Enterprise Customer Intelligence (ECI) into all of our Digital products and platforms.
As Senior Director of Software Engineering - You will be partnering with senior product and business leaders in crafting and executing the Enterprise Customer Intelligence strategy for the digital organization. You will be accountable for leading a top notch engineering organization to deliver - Enterprise Feature Platform that enables registering, computing and serving features that feed into ML models, Enterprise click stream event processing platform and Enterprise Customer Event platform to name a few. You will be working very closely with the Enterprise Machine Learning Platform team, and product and technology leaders from different lines of businesses to drive adoption of Enterprise Platform capabilities. You will be recruiting top notch engineering talent into the ECI organizations. THE ROLE:
- Obsession about internal customer satisfaction across the company, by establishing a trusted, close touch relationships with technology and product leaders for each line of business such as credit card, auto lending, commercial and banking
- Build credibility through consistent delivery of quality software, that meets the needs of internal and external customers.
- Partner with the enterprise technology group to modernize the shared infrastructure and platforms, embracing cloud, microservices, open source, and other technology principles
- Shadow leaders to truly appreciate where Capital One is today, ensuring trust and understanding is built from day one, driving change from this strong partnership and foundation
- Partner with Technology, Product, & Design leaders to develop and execute Capital One's Enterprise Customer Insight (ECI) strategy
- Recruit and lead high performing software engineering teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years of experience in Software Engineering practices in progressively larger roles
- At least 6 years of experience in leading software engineering teams
- Master's Degree
- A deep understanding of technology as well as the ability to communicate effectively with business leaders. Skilled in developing these relationships and building alignment
- Deep knowledge and experience building distributed platforms at scale
- Experience working at scale across significant production platforms with cutting edge innovation
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure and DevOps capabilities
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).