Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Conagra Brands (Vlasic) located in Imlay City, Michigan, might be the place for you! Do you enjoy a fast pace? A position that allows you to work with others? To be on the move? Do you have an eye for quality? Attention to detail? Math and computer skills? A desire for leadership? Our Quality Technician role might be the perfect fit!Earn!
The hourly rate is $15 + applicable shift premium $0.25/2nd, $0.40/3rd. Overtime at 1 x hourly rate over 40 hours. Peak demand: Estimate 8 hours/day, 6 days/week. After completion of 1,000 hours, eligible for 401k 50% match 6% of earnings. Typical pack season January-November for quality technicians.Get your steps! The Quality Technician travels throughout the facility verifying adherence to standard work and gathering product samples. Walk an average of 3-5 miles each shift.
Learn! The person selected for this role has the opportunity to learn, analyze, and guide the production process to insure industry standards are met. Collect samples, conduct chemistry and quality evaluations, maintain proper documentation of all activities for traceability and communication purposes.
Lead! The quality technician provides guidance on the manufacturing floor. Collaborate with team leaders, crew leaders, and team members
Upon completion of training, assigned to either afternoon or midnight shift. Seasonal work begins early spring through late fall, with an emphasis in the summer months. This position is a seasonal salaried, non-exempt position, with ability to return year over year.
TheQuality Technicianis responsible to ensure all Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), Company and Regulatory standards are met or exceeded. Responsible for properly conducting and documenting verification and monitoring activities of the operation.
- Ensure that all food safety, quality assurance, and GMP policies and procedures are strictly observed throughout the manufacturing process.
- In the event food safety or food quality may be compromised responsible for communication to the appropriate team members to allow for immediate action to be taken
- Must work well in team settings and collaborate with various team members across alldepartments (operations, maintenance, corporate departments, outside vendors)
- Graph, use a thermometer/scale/ruler, and read a graduated cylinder
- Completion of required documentation in a neat an orderly fashion, record keeping, and reporting
- Work independently, but collaborate with other staff to ensure production demands are met
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills
- Adapt to changing situations and be able to establish priorities
- Required to provide training, coaching, and guidance
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Work safely and participate in job specific training ensuring actions are consistent with and support plant safety goals and procedures
- Work accurately with minimal supervision
- Practice consistent and reliable attendance
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to compile, analyze and report data
- Basic math and computer skills
- Lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to push/pull, climb, sit, twist and reach
- Ability to walk majority of shift
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Posting ID: 559422901Posted: 2020-06-03