Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Commercial Real Estate - Senior Cash Associate
Multifamily Loan Servicing is a division of the Capital One Commercial Bank. This team supports numerous critical processes and transactions. By cultivating innovative solutions and embracing technology, this team creates a seamless and unparalleled experience for our associates and customers.
The Multifamily Loan Servicing team supports a total loan portfolio of $38BN and provides ongoing support for the life of each loan. The organization focuses on delivering scale and efficiency, mitigating operational risk, providing a smooth customer experience, and enabling associates to excel. One of the most impactful groups in Loan Servicing is the Cash team. The team is currently growing and is searching for a Senior Cash Associate. Responsibilities
- Reconcile borrower payments daily into clearing account to ensure borrower payment activity is reconciled to the Strategy loan system.
- Accurately apply payments received from customers via incoming check, ACH, and wire.
- Communicate with internal customers to accurately apply incoming payment receipts and wires.
- Partner with internal customers to resolve cash processing inquiries.
- Prepare the daily incoming cash reconciliation for management review.
- Accurately and efficiently process outgoing wire payments, book transfers and outgoing checks.
- Meet internal and external deadlines with minimal follow up from management.
- Communicate with commercial loan system vendors as necessary regarding system issues,reports and modifications/enhancements.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding loan payments and answer internal questions regarding payment application and receipts.
- Ability to process high volume of invoices through the accounts payable process.
- Balance various projects intended to integrate and build efficiencies into current processes.
- Provide excellent customer service to Borrowers, Investor Contacts and others internally.
- Participate in all audits with investors and external audits to provide the highest level of compliance.
- Work closely with Originators, Closers, Asset Management, Loan Servicing, Loan Operations and Investor Reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least two years of accounting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- At least six years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize project and daily work while adhering to payment processing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships across all internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in G-Suite Applications (Google)
- Ability to execute monetary transactions with minimal error; strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).