Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Conagra Brand Foods, Vlasic facility, located in Imlay City, Michigan, has opportunities forLead Operators to meet regular production demand. The positionis normally required for full-time hours plus daily/weekend overtime as scheduled (NOTE: .The hourly rate of pay is $19.29/hr., 2nd shift premium of $0.25 (if applicable) as well as eligibility for eleven (11) paid holidays, 401k with match and employee benefit package. RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible to ensure all Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), Company and Regulatory standards are met or exceeded. Responsible for properly conducting and documenting verification and monitoring activities of the various operations.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Ensure that all pre-operational monitoring activities, system start-up monitoring activities, in-process monitoring activities are completed in accordance with procedures
- Ensure that all food safety, quality assurance, and GMP policies and procedures are strictly adhered to on all processes.
- In the event food safety or food quality may be compromised, the operator is responsible for communication to the appropriate team members to allow for immediate action to be taken.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to operate and train on a minimum of four of the following six job operations: Pasteurizer, SPC, Labeler, Brinemaker, Capper and Traypack. Achievement of operational proficiency on each operation will increase wage rate as previously indicated. Failure to achieve proficiency on at least 4th operation within one hundred twenty (120) days from date of placement - to be extended only by mutual agreement of the Company and the Union - will result in disqualification from the Lead Operator position and relegation to one of the six (6) bid operations that are part of the Lead Operator position for which the operator is qualified.
- Complete routine quality checks and documentation in accordance with standard work.
- Identify and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance issues to minimize production delays.
- Work closely with Quality team, Operations team leaders and crew leaders to support production demand and maintain product quality standards.
- Work safely and participate in training specific to lockout/tagout regulations and safe forklift operation and ensure actions are consistent with and support plant safety goals and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain equipment autonomously as needed, including cleaning, lubing and inspecting.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Completion of required documentation, record keeping and reporting.
- Work independently or with a team and collaborate with other staff to ensure production demands are met
- Provide training, coaching and guidance.
- Complete and maintain paperwork in a neat an orderly fashion.
- Work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
- Available to work different shifts and overtime, including weekend overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to compile, analyze and report data
- Basic math and computer skills
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills
- Adapt to changing situations and be able to establish priorities
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to push/pull, climb, sit, twist and reach
- Ability to stand majority of shift, and walk and frequently
- Ability to graph, use a thermometer, read a graduated cylinder, and perform other similar functions
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Posting ID: 559422919Posted: 2020-06-03