Good Samaritan Society Fort Collins Address:
508 W Trilby Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80525-4000 USA Employment Type:
Various Shifts AvailableJob Responsibilities
- This position provides care and services such as medication administration, healthcare services, activities of daily living assistance and other duties, as assigned, in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards and procedures.
- Assists residents with self-administration of medications; may administer medications with proper training. Provides the right medication to the right person at the right time in the right dose and by the right route ensuring all changes in medication are responded to in a timely manner. Stores medications correctly, cleans and locks med cart or other storage system. Follows location policy for missed medications, accidentally dropped or spit out by the resident, and medication errors.
- Follows procedures for documentation, including narcotics sign out. Follows up with observation and documentation of resident response to medication received. Provides care and services according to resident service plan. Follows procedures for documentation and medical emergencies.
- Obtain vital signs accurately and reports changes in resident health status. Assists residents with dressing and maintaining proper clothing. Assists residents in maintaining proper and clean appearance, to include bathing, oral hygiene, trimming nails, and shaving unwanted hair. Assist with application and care of hearing aids, eyeglasses, and prostheses if appropriate and applicable. Promotes highest level of resident mobility.
- Assures residents have access to their assistive devices to support mobility. Assists as necessary with housekeeping, laundry and dining duties. Provides assistance recreational programs and encouraging residents to participate.
- Adheres to OSHA and CDC guidelines to minimize infections by following aseptic cleaning techniques, including those that apply to blood borne pathogens. Demonstrates safe and proper techniques for chemical use, and follows SDS guidelines for any exposure.
Maintains required medication aide registry/ certification / qualifications and associated standards. Prior work experience may not be required to be hired into this job. A high school education or higher education is not required to be hired into this job. A high school diploma or GED is required for administration of medication in some states- refer to state regulations.
Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
Must be able to speak read and write in English and be able to articulate clearly and audibly.The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visithttps//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-actionDivision:
UNIVERSAL WORKER Req ID:
Posting ID: 559423146Posted: 2020-06-03