Job Introduction Do you enjoy preparing and cooking meals? Does overseeing a specialized team excite you? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley - then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as an Assistant Deli Manager!
Overview of Responsibilities
As the Assistant Deli Manager - you have a role in helping customers make healthy food choices by providing excellent customer service through managing and leading one of the busiest teams in our store, the Deli. You will assist the Deli Manager in managing and merchandising the department for maximum productivity and profit. You are responsible for ordering and inventory controls, product quality, and supervision of the Deli team. Your role as an Assistant Deli Manager is to effectively coordinate production, merchandising, and sales through ongoing planning, direction, goal setting, communication, and teamwork. You will assist in leading a team that brainstorms to deliver the finest quality of product, highest level of service, and the greatest experience your customers will receive. The Assistant Deli Manager is responsible to staff, teach, train, develop, and counsel the Deli team as well as helping to unload and sort through store deliveries, operate and maintain deli equipment, ensure the execution of all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines/regulations and validate that other deli team members are also aware of, and following, these procedures. Our Deli Department products are second to none, and demand a high level of food safety knowledge to properly maintain and manage our high standards. If you're someone who thrives in a fast paced environment then we want to hear from you!
Qualifications To be an Assistant Deli Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age with a preferred 2 years supervisory experience and strong knowledge of deli or related food service
- Be dependable and reliable, having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have strong good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to take and give direction, participating in a team environment.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers, taking special orders and answering phones.
- Possess a proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff, while possessing a working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals
- Have a strong focus on detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have and maintain Food Safety certification. Also ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, weights and measures, store safety, employee safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met.
- Have strong organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to lift/carry product horizontally/vertically weighing up to 70 lbs., from 4" to 60", for a distance up to 20 feet without mechanical assistance for up to 4 hours
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hour continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift.
- Operate a slicer, wrapping and cooking equipment; assisting in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Be able to perform other related duties as assigned.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Why Sprouts Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.