WestRock is currently seeking a second shift (4pm-12am) Shipping/Receiving Clerk.Career Opportunity:
Ship customer orders daily using LTL or small parcel carriers. Receive WIP, finished goods, and raw material inventory and places them into the warehouse racks. Fulfill pick and pack orders. Work in a safe, accurate and productive manner to meet shipping and receiving deadlines.How you will impact WestRock:
- Prints and reviews the dispatch shipping report daily, determines which orders are shipping each day.
- Communicates with department Managers/Supervisors to get continuous updates on order status.
- Prepares shipments according to client specifications and/or shipping instructions provided by the CSR or Sales Support team.
- Communicates with CSR or Sales Support team to complete shipments and paperwork accurately, including commercial invoices and advanced shipping notices.
- Utilizes automatic stretch wrapper.
- Contacts carriers to arrange for shipment pickups.
- Loads/unloads trailers, ensuring wheel chocks are used.
- Verifies that the product being unloaded matches the BOL and packing slip.
- Completes training and maintains license for Fork Lift.
- Fulfills pick and pack orders.
- Receives/puts away/maintains WIP, FG and RM inventory accuracy.
- Prepares for and facilitates physical inventory process.
- Researches and resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Ensures that materials are issued to appropriate job.
- Conducts cycle counts.
- Ensures inventory accuracy for all raw materials, WIP, parts and finished goods.
- Ensures dock doors are closed and secured when not being used.
- Recycles material according to SOP-MATL-0001.
- Maintains a clean and organized work space in staging areas and dock.
- Adheres to company organization and 5's policies.
Adheres to company safety and security policies.
Performs other job duties as assigned. What you need to succeed:
What we offer:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 1-3 years fork lift driving experience required.
- Minimum 1-3 years parcel shipping system experience required (UPS/FedEx).
- Minimum 1-3 years ERP, WMS or other inventory management software experience required.
- Minimum 1-3 years RF scanners/barcoding experience required.
- Strong communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform intermediate arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have strong computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
#CBWestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 559535428Posted: 2020-07-09