Maintenance Mechanic - Toledo, OH
1635 Coining Dr
Toledo, Ohio, 43612
United States ** Must be able to work 2nd Shift (2pm - 10pm) **WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com. The Opportunity:
The Maintenance Technician - II is responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment. They will also perform mechanical and electrical work under the general supervision of a Maintenance Technician III. In addition, employees in this classification will support and guide employees classified as Maintenance Technician I. Maintenance Technician II's will have working knowledge and ability to perform all tasks as specified within the Maintenance Technician I description in addition to those specified within this description. How you will impact WestRock:
What you need to succeed:
- Understanding and demonstrating the behavior that the safety of yourself and other coworkers is paramount and is the #1 priority here at WestRock.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown.
- Inspect mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Disassemble machinery to remove parts and make repairs, reassemble machinery.
- Repair as needed mechanical or electrical systems to include repairing or replacing malfunctioning components.
- Repair as needed industrial material handling equipment to include battery operated as well as IC units up to but not including the most complex.
- Repair as needed basic electrical breakdowns.
- Calibrate or adjust electronic equipment or instruments to specifications.
- Welding of machine components.
- Fabrication of brackets, guards, devices, assemblies, and general construction.
- Assist Maintenance Technician - I with completing preventative maintenance (PM) tasks as prescribed.
- Install or replace meters, regulators or related measuring control devices.
- Install equipment or attachments as needed on machinery or related structures.
- Understand mechanical drawings with the ability to determine the correct parts needed for repair.
- Understand and use computer software for documenting all daily activity including submitting accurate parts requests.
- Direct and assist with training employees in the Industrial Technician - I role to install, maintain, or repair equipment including print reading and electronic documentation.
- Respond to mechanical or basic electrical emergencies during non-standard business hours.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Overtime is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree Required
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (2pm - 10pm)
- Certification or Training in industrial, mechanical or electrical maintenance programs.
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical maintenance preferred
- Experience in a similar industrial environment (experience in a manufacturing company is preferred)
- Electrical troubleshooting is a plus (drives, controls, etc)What we offer:
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Keywords: offset printing, offset printers, offset presses, Flexo Printers, printing, Rotary die cutters, die-cutter, die cutter, cutters, conveyor, conveyors, stackers, bindery, folders, stitchers, packaging, displays, mechanic, 2nd shift mechanic, 2nd shift maintenance mechanic, 2nd shift maintenance tech, 2nd shift maintenance technician, 2nd shift, maintenance mechanic, maintenance tech, maintenance technician, preventative maintenance, mechanical, pumps, motors, gearbox, gearboxes, hydraulics, pneumatics, alignment, pump alignment, motor alignment, laser alignment, vibration, oil analysis, lube, lubrication#LI-BD1#CB#GD#OH