Production Line Slicer Operator is responsible for supplying the line with meat, while keeping up with line speed. Ensures work is completed in a safe manner and within the Quality and Food Safety parameters established.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Operates Slicer Machine
- Keeps up with line speed
- Completes Safety, Food Safety and Quality Assurance paperwork
- Makes adjustments to product, count, size and weight
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- Competent and trustworthy to comply with federal inspection programs and company safety and health policies.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
- Knowledge and experience in Meat Industry is preferred, but not required.
- Must be knowledgeable between different products.
- Ability to document every ticket from every rack and turn complete paperwork to supervisor at the end of product run.
- Must be able to set up for startup and have meat on the conveyor by set time.
- Basic Computer knowledge.
- Must be able to make adjustments to slicer.
- Positive attitude and teamwork.
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work Environment & Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuous standing in one location for long periods (up to 2-3 hours before break)
- Working at fixed workstation locations which are conveyor line paced.
- Walking long distances, sometimes on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces
- Climbing or moving ladders, steps, stairwells and platforms
- Carrying, lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling of heavy and or awkward objects or loads.
- Lifting and lowering objects up to 60 lbs.
- Pushing or pulling of heavy roller carts, bins, or transport containers.
- Frequent static and/or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, flexing the hands and arms.
- A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition
Work Environment & Physical Demands The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working in cold environments of 20 to 45 F
- Working in hot environments exceeding 100 F
- Frequent contact with animal fats.
- Using and maintaining a variety of knives, hand tools, powered tools, equipment, electrical devices, controls and possibly powered industrial trucks.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Posting ID: 559535445Posted: 2020-07-02