Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment, where you can make a difference? Smithfield Foods, one of the country's top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values everyone's creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
The Senior Technical Lead will be involved in the digital transformation, cloud and server strategy, and development of innovative solutions to bring value. This role is responsible for the overall management and maintenance of company-wide deployment of cloud and server technology and standards, orchestration of build management service processes, administration and advancement of monitoring capabilities. This position will collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture team to design and implement new technical solutions and promote the strategy, management and governance of business processes and operations with the implementation of infrastructure services.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead implementation teams deploying new systems and operational processes in accordance with strategic business initiatives and approved projects
- Oversee the development of detailed implementation and contingency plans
- Continuously improve current state by employing performance tuning activities while monitoring, and troubleshoot problems that may arise
- Provides leadership and advanced server administration and support for daily operations for both on-premise and cloud systems.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and solutions
- Manage relationships with multiple external service providers to achieve results driving operational excellence
- Conducts research and evaluation of new enterprise technologies, processes, upgrades to platform infrastructure solutions and enhancements
- Assist in the strategy, management and governance of business process and operations with the implementation of infrastructure services.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Business, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of experience in IT; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 10+ years of experience in progressive IT roles, preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of established technical knowledge and hands on experience in either Windows or Linux Server administration, a plus.
- Technical knowledge of hyperconverged solutions.
- Experience working with multi cloud enterprises environments and understanding of advanced capabilities and service cost structures of major providers (Azure).
- Knowledge of orchestration tools to automate processes and services.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of infrastructure services, systems, hardware and software.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
- Self-motivated, analytical, and possessing excellent problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to find root causes of problems, quickly determine efficient solutions, anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment.
- Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of network infrastructure and application impacts and dependencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills - team player with service-oriented style.
- Excellent organizational, technical, and business communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Travel required, up to 25% of the time.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may act as a mentor by providing training and guidance to less experienced Tech Analysts.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Posting ID: 559535470Posted: 2020-06-04