At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The successful candidate is expected to apply their expertise and knowledge of aircraft systems for development and analysis of system requirements and usage scenarios. Job responsibilities include decomposing high level requirements into systems and sub-systems specifications. Ensuring requirements are understandable and testable. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 9 years of system engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of system engineering experience OR PhD in STEM and 4 years of system engineering experience.
- Experience in technical engineering requirements analysis, development, verification and/or validation using DOORS or similar requirements management tool sets.
- Must have an Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted/renewed within the past 5 years
- The ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency)
- Experience leading and coordinating small to medium sized technical teams employing the Agile development process.
- Experience with direct interface and collaboration with customer representatives.
- Experience as DOORS administrator capable of creating/employing advanced scripts.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559535490Posted: 2020-06-04