For over 60 years, Blain's Farm & Fleet has maintained our commitment to offer customers high quality products, reliable service, and competitive prices. We were recognized for the second year in a row on Forbes magazine's 2019 list of America's Best Mid-Size Employer. Currently with 42 store locations across Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan, we are a private, family-owned specialty discount retailer with a track record of never closing a store location. Blain's actively gives back to the community through local donations, as well as supporting the American Heart Association for over 25 years. Our work culture is family-oriented, shown by our closing for major holidays. As our company expands, you could be the next talented, forward-thinking member to join our team.
We offer an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Parental leave
- Associate discount program
- 401(k) retirement plan & profit-sharing program
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short- and long-term disability and Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance
Whether you're just starting out on your career or looking for a change, we want you to bring your passion and experience to Blain's Farm and Fleet. We strive to ensure that our work environment is positive, challenging, and rewarding while offering our associates exceptional career growth potential.
Interested? Apply today!
The Service Center Manager would oversee the Service Technicians and the Automotive Service Center department.
This can include, but is not limited to:
- Customer Service
- Provide technical assistance to Service Center Technicians and support
- Directing and training Service Technicians
- Attending annual training seminars
- Assigning tasks/jobs to the Service Technicians
- Perform all Service Technician, Service Desk Coordinator, and Service Center Assistant Manager duties
- Conduct daily shop goal assessments to the company's expectations/budgets
- Drive customer and company vehicles
- Assist in controlling Service Center expenses (payroll, claims, supplies, etc...)
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and Safety policies and procedures
- Maintain and repair Service Center equipment
- Conduct 45-90 day and annual performance evaluations
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Great communication skills
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Maintenance is preferred
- Prior Automotive Maintenance experience is preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Prior Retail experience preferred
- Able to work evenings when needed and at least every other weekend
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background checks
- Able to attain an ASE Certification in A4 Steering and Suspension and A5 brakes
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to read and speak English and communicate with customers and co-workers
- *Michigan Stores Only* ASE A4 and A6 Certifications required for Tech Level II and ASE A3, A4, A5 and A6 Certifications required for Tech Level III OR equivalent Michigan certifications.
Posting ID: 559535517Posted: 2020-06-04