Job Description Summary
The MAXIMUS Accommodations & Leaves Team (MALT), is the centralized point of contact for employee, HR Representative and Management inquiries about the accommodations and leave program. The MALT will perform in a high volume, contact center environment and provide support for all employees. As a member of MALT, this role is responsible for the successful day-to-day support and execution of the Leave of Absence and Job Accommodation processes. The incumbent will engage in the administration of leaves and disability accommodations in accordance with applicable laws, lead the interactive process under the ADA, and make recommendations to HR and Management regarding accommodations (leave and on-the-job). The incumbent will also serve as the subject matter expert for FMLA, ADA accommodations, and all other Leaves of Absence (LOAs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the MAXIMUS Accomodations and Leave Team's (MALT) high-volume contact center through its full cycle of initial requests by engaging in the employee's submission of medical support documentation, follow up, review of documentation to ensure compliance, collaboration with local HR and management to discuss leave or accommodation options, and communication of leaves and medical accommodation outcomes to the required parties.
- Conduct and document initial intake calls with employees regarding accommodations and leaves program.
- Engage in an interactive dialog with the employee, local HR and management regarding the program.
- Exhibit strong customer service, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Educate and guide employees on the types of leave offered by MAXIMUS, statutorily or federally mandated, to ensure awareness and understanding of the process and responsibilities on behalf of the employee.
- Process leave and accommodation requests by engaging in an interactive dialog with the employee to better understand their needs and medical requirements.
- Document all aspects of interaction with the employee, local HR Representative and management in the system of record to ensure proper reporting, review, compliance and audit.
- Analyze essential job functions as compared to restrictions; develop recommendations for HR and management regarding on-the-job accommodations; collaborate with local HR and management regarding reaching a final determination to grant or deny an accommodation.
- Consult with Risk Management (workers comp), Labor and legal counsel as necessary.
- Review and analyze employee return to work documentation and engage in interactive process regarding return to work restrictions. This includes analyzing essential job functions as compared to restrictions, developing recommendations for HR and management regarding return-to-work (RTW) accommodations, and determining final decision whether to grant or deny accommodation.
- Forward escalated issues, from employee requests related to the program, to management.
- Collaborate in the resolution of issues escalated from third party STD/LTD providers on employee applications for benefits with management.
- Respond to all employee, local HR Representative and management requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Serve as subject matter expert to employees and managers regarding the LOA process, ADA job accommodations, and status.
- Run and analyze, reports and data received from vendors regarding status of an employee's leaves and communicate regarding leave-end return to work plans with employees and managers; analyze and prepare reports as requested by manager, identify areas of improvement and patterns.
- Handle all information, calls and requests with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality to ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources, including experience with various leaves programs and ADA job accommodations.
- Strong working knowledge of ADA/ADAAA, FMLA, USERRA and similar state and local laws.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong negotiation/influencing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Access required.
- Independent problem-solving skills.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.