At CubeSmart Self-Storage we say that it's what's inside that counts
. That's where you come in. As a Retail Sales Associate II, the compassion you show to customers, the leadership role you play in handling your retail store and their belongings, the way you collaborate with your fellow teammates, and the passion you take in learning and growing with us counts.
Responsibilities What CubeSmart offers
Competitive hourly rate Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
No late hours or extended holiday hours Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
401k retirement plan with company match Tuition Reimbursement Your role at CubeSmart
Here you will become an expert in all things storage and will help to build the CubeSmart brand through the results you achieve at your store and through your team! You will greet and provide exceptional service to every customer that walks through your doors or calls on the phone. Often times, you'll be helping customers during some of their most challenging times, making a difference when they need it most. In addition, you will...
You'll love working here because
- Listen to customers to understand their unique situation and recommend solutions and products that meet their needs based on your expertise, CubeSmart training, and available in-store technology.
- Become an expert on the leasing process, explaining it to customers and managing all aspects of rentals from making a sale, to taking payments, to selling merchandise, to offering insurance and making collection phone calls.
- Take ownership of your store's retail business, including operating the point of sale system, processing reports, and making bank deposits.
- Participate in operations activities such as: inspecting the store through daily walk-throughs, performing lock checks, and cleaning and maintaining the property.
- Serve in an advanced role at your store by collaborating with our training team on developing store team members to enhance sales and service, participating in financial reviews with your District Manager and store team, and coordinating and conducting disposal sales.
- Process daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports; participate in monthly Profits & Loss reports; submit invoices; and work with vendors.
- You'll make a difference. You will help people by listening to the challenges our customers face and easing their concerns and creating friendships with fellow teammates while serving a common goal. Here, not only do you care for belongings, and memories, you care for individuals, too.
- You'll belong to a team. You'll feel it when you walk through the doors -- a different type of work environment where it's not just about storing customers' belongings, but about being a place where you can belong, too. Together, we create an inspiring and collaborative environment where opinions matter and voices are heard. We work together to simplify challenges and innovate solutions that make storing with us easy and makes working together rewarding.
- You'll grow with us. You'll be empowered to maximize your potential at CubeSmart and beyond. You will share your talents with others while also developing new skills as you take on different types of work assignments. From taking training courses to taking the lead on team initiatives, from learning a new skill to mentoring a new teammate, you'll find many opportunities to grow with us.
Qualifications You'd be great in this role if you have...
We also want you to know that...
- A passion for customer service and helping people.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. College education is a plus.
- 3+ years' experience in the retail or service industry (for example department stores, supermarkets, warehouses, specialty convenience, hotel, and restaurant).
- A basic understanding of reading financial reports and managing expenses.
- A positive, outgoing personality with passion for helping people.
- Strong accountability combined with enthusiasm for teamwork.
A little more about what's special at CubeSmart...
- You must have the ability to work Saturdays.
- Valid driver's license and insurance with access to reliable transportation used during the workday.
- Performing the duties of this job, you will be frequently required to stand, sit, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, climb or balance on a ladder, and maneuver around physical properties while performing various maintenance and inspection duties. On occasion, you may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to participate in the job application or interview process, and to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
At CubeSmart we say that it's what's inside that counts
. To us, this is far more than a tag-line about storage. It is also about what you will find in a career here. We believe our teammates are the heart of all that we do, which is why we care deeply about the experience we offer.
CubeSmart is a place where you'll make a difference, helping customers during some of their most challenging times, making a difference when they need it most. Here, you'll belong to a team that works together to simplify challenges and innovate solutions that make storing with us easy and makes working with us exciting. At CubeSmart, you'll grow with us, discovering countless opportunities to develop your skills, maximize your potential, and expand your career.
At CubeSmart, when we say it's what's inside that counts,
we're saying "you count. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.