Senior Software Cloud Engineer
At Citizens Bank, our engineers are solving similar challenges faced by startups and fintechs like Affirm, Ally, N26. Our aspiration is to run a hybrid cloud environment, build omni-channel experiences, create message-driven architecture, build scalable solutions, leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to provide personalize insights while continuing to guard against cyber threats. Join our engineering teams on a transformational journey as we convert our aspirations into reality.
Who We Look For
Our engineers are creative problem solvers building solutions in lending, digital banking, big data, mobile, and more. We look for team players who are fundamentally strong, adaptable and willing to push the boundaries around what's possible.
Consumer engineering team serves millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and innovative partnerships like point of sale financing for Apple iPhone purchases. We are modernizing our technology, migrating to public cloud, automating infrastructure and code deployments, and leveraging data for insights. As we strive towards achieving our aspirations, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team and be part of an exciting digital transformation journey.
Responsibilities And Qualifications
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will work closely with fellow technology colleagues in automating infrastructure and release pipelines and delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Be a core member of an agile team supporting the latest development practices
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower human intervention time on any tasks
- Proactively ensure highest level of systems and infrastructure availability
- Build terraform modules to provision and manage any cloud, infrastructure, or service
- Collaborate with other like-minded individuals to automate release pipelines
- Lead and mentor other junior engineering colleagues
- Collaborate and communicate across technology teams
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proven working experience in configuring & troubleshooting Unix/Linux based environments
- Solid cloud experience, preferable AWS
- Solid scripting skills (eg: shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Groovy, Python)
- Experience with infrastructure provision software (eg: Terraform) & automation software
- Solid experience in administration and performance tuning application stack (eg: Tomcat, NGINX)
- Proficient in Agile practices
- Hands on experience in network security, database, and cloud services
- Understand AWS VPC, Security Groups, cloud networking and security
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience in highly-secured online environments that use n-tier designs and extensive firewalling to enhance security
- Strong desire to automate toil
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
Hours & Work Schedule
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.