CubeSmart is currently seeking a Director, Infrastructure and IT Operations to join the IT leadership team. The Director of Infrastructure and IT Operations provides oversight of daily operations including IT operations support and IT infrastructure platform. Who we are:
At CubeSmart, we're intentional about culture. You can experience it everywhere from our mission statement of "genuine care" to our "It's What's Inside That Counts" tagline to calling each other "teammates" rather than employees. This spirit fosters a fun and collaborative environment that has resulted in our rapid growth and being recognized amongst the top in our industry.
CubeSmart's award-winning team is made up of people who genuinely care. Teammates care about our customers and the life events and/or business needs they are facing. Teammates are passionate, responsible and understanding. The CubeSmart team is made up of people who have a can-do attitude, are committed to their own success and the success of the company, and lead by example.
If this sounds like a team and culture that matches your personal values and motivations, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Infrastructure and IT Operations is expected to create a strategic vision for the design, development, integration, and deployment of complex infrastructure in support of CubeSmart's enterprise and store level strategies. They will be responsible for driving business success through a responsive and effective IT support group. This leader will have proven strategic skills and experience building high performance teams, frameworks and roadmaps in alignment with the needs of the business, and with both a data-centric and customer-focused mind-set. Proven experience driving infrastructure transformation including both on premise and cloud and architecting solutions at a large scale will be key. Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, this leader will collaborate closely across the IT function as well as partnering with the business to ensure digital innovation drives efficiency, profitability and growth.
The Director will be a dynamic leader expected to play a critical role in shaping the company's infrastructure architecture, data, and digital integration strategies. The leader will drive best practices and technologies to enable differentiated and effective solutions and establish a next generation comprehensive infrastructure platform with a continuous improvement and an evolutionary mindset. This leader will proactively identify opportunities to ensure innovation is in place for all areas in which the company operates and invests, including all headquarters functional areas, store level operations and customer interactions, and the identification of self-storage acquisition/development opportunities.
This leader is expected to apply leading edge architectural practices to solve business challenges and develop a culture of high performance, urgency, and productivity. This leadership position will serve as a key resource to the Vice President of Information team and the collective IT team.
This position requires a strong leader with skills in business management and a proven knowledge of infrastructure and IT operations and support. The successful individual should have a diverse background and experience with information technology operations, infrastructure (cloud and on-prem), support best practices, software dev/ops environment, digital disruption, among other areas. People Leadership & Management:
- Create an engaging, collaborative work environment in which all team members are aligned around the functional and operational strategy.
- Seeks opportunities to network, build relationships and meet new contacts within and outside the department.
- Coordinate the use of external resources involved in the infrastructure program, including, but not limited to, interviewing, negotiating contracts and fees, and managing external resources.
- Build a vision for the support, ongoing operation, and future of the IT function and champion that vision toward reality
- Provide strategic direction, coach and mentor teammates.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related technical field
- Masters' Degree a plus
- At least 10+ years' experience designing, managing and implementing enterprise architecture platforms including both on premise and cloud-based solutions
- Experience with development/operations and modern environments and guiding agile teams
- Infrastructure design and implementation experience in a large-scale retail and consumer environment
- Experience developing multi-year infrastructure plans to guide future investment and support business growth
- Experience leading support teams and implementing best practices (ITIL) powered by measurable KPIs.
- Experience with AWS and Azure environments, services, and applications
- Proven experience and track record in designing and overseeing scalable, high-performing, and flexible integrated business and customer solutions
- Proven experience implementing business scale solutions, including effective timeline management, people management, and change management
- Experience designing technology solutions that meet business needs while maintaining stringent security and change management standards
- Experience creating, managing, and adherence to budgets
- Experience negotiating contracts, overseeing vendors, and ensuring costs are in line with expectations
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively convey complex information
- Strong business process knowledge and application of technology solutions
- Has experience in reorganization and transformation, including talent assessment and staff rationalization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Experience leading team and building roadmaps, and adopting principles in the design, development, and delivery of solutions.
- Experience with cloud computing, middleware, and ETL tools
- Experience building and implementing robust, redundant, scalable systems and solutions that solve business needs
- Experience building high performing, service-oriented support teams focused on meeting the needs of their customers
- Engaging leader who creates a climate where others feel energy, excitement and personal investment.
- Service oriented leader who possesses a true 24 7 support and service mentality.
- Strong talent developer who provides their team opportunities for growth and development.
- Collaborative leader who creates open channels of communications and encourages constructive dialogue.
- Strong business skills and demonstrated ability to build solid working relationships with teammates, business leaders, and stakeholders while exhibiting genuine care.
- Innovative problem solver who uses critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across business processes and related technologies.
- Excellent, transparent, and persuasive communication and presentation skills with the ability to distill complex information for non-technical audiences.