ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS:
If you are a retired healthcare worker, cook, nursing student or a CNA student unable to finish clinicals, please contact Maison Jardin for potential job opportunities. Join our team and make a difference in someone's life.
Nexion affiliates operate skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
Standard Work Hours - M-F 8a-5p (may vary as determined by facility needs)
The primary purpose of the position is to assist in directing the day-to-day functions of the facility in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern nursing facilities, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. As Assistant Administrator, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. In the absence of the Administrator, you are charged with carrying out the resident care policies established by this facility, representing the facility and participating in top level meetings.
- Assist the administrator in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the facility, its programs and activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of our written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the facility.
- Assist the HR director and department directors in developing written job descriptions for each staff position.
- Assist department directors in the development and use of departmental policies and procedures, and establish a rapport in and among departments so that each can realize the importance of teamwork.
- Assist in establishing policies that govern the resident's right to quality of life and care as defined by the resident's comprehensive assessment and care plan.
- Review and interpret the facility's policies and procedures and ensure that employees, residents, family members, visitors, etc. understand and follow those policies and procedures. Ensure that those policies and procedures are being implemented and followed through weekly inspections.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability of directing the activities and programs of the facility.
- Coordinate the facility's services and activities with department directors.
- Represent the facility in dealings with outside agencies, including governmental agencies and third party payers, or provide an authorized representative of the facility when unable to attend such meetings.
- Assist the Infection Control Coordinator, and/or Committee, in identifying, evaluating, and classifying routine and job-related functions to ensure that tasks involving potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
- Ensure that the facility is maintained in a clean and safe manner for resident comfort and convenience by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained in an operable manner to perform such duties/services.
- Ensure that the resident's rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints, are well established and maintained at all times. Ensure resident's confidentiality.
- Report safety hazards, fraud, any violations to policies and procedures, etc. to the administrator.
- Maintain an adequate liaison with families and residents.
- An active nursing home administrator license is required.
- Degree in Business Administration or Health Administration.
- Must have, as a minimum, two years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or nursing facility.
- Must possess a working knowledge of nursing facility operational standards and requirements of participation.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the resident population served.
Compensation and Benefits Package
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include voluntary Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D Benefits, LT/ST Disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account and 401K
Posting ID: 559536384Posted: 2020-07-14