Position Title: Area Sales ManagerDepartment: Gym OperationsReports to: CEO'sFLSA Status: ExemptSupervises: All sales employees of gyms in an areaCompensation: Base Salary Bonus
The Area Sales Manager has overall responsibility for effectively managing all facets of operations of a single gym to include membership sales and promotions, Gold's Gym policies and procedures. Essential Duties & ResponsibilitiesTraining Responsibilities:
- Conduct weekly/monthly Membership Sales Training courses to the assigned area
- Conduct weekly/monthly New Hire Sales Training courses to the assigned area
- Conduct weekly/monthly New Hire Sales Orientation classes
- Conduct weekly/monthly Customer Service Representative Training for sales
- Conduct weekly/monthly Customer Service Manager Training for sales
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Implement and facilitate monthly company sales Pricing and Promotions to the assigned area
- Assist in setting the monthly sales goals
- Distribute the monthly goals to the assigned area
- Manage and run monthly sales for the following categories: Membership Sales, Retail, Concessions, Service Revenue, Tanning, House Sales and EFT
- Assist in producing the monthly marketing plan for the assigned area
- Place all advertising for assigned area
- Review and monitor the sales for the assigned area using the Daily Stats Reports
- Implement and run Corporate Programming in assigned area
- Implement and run Lead Box/Lead Bowl Program in assigned area
- Implement and run Referral Program for the assigned area
- Implement and run two (2) closeouts each month in the assigned area
- Interview and recruit all potential sales staff to the assigned area
Required Experience, Education and Certifications
- Must posses well-developed understanding and use of management skills such as recruitment, selection, training and development, coaching, goal setting, performance management, delegation and organization.
- Possess strong motivational, communication, team building and training skills.
- Possess thorough understanding of company mission, regional goals and missions, and how his/her facility will participate in these areas.
- Possess thorough know of local competitors, future competitors and all relevant information pertaining to these entities.
- Be promotionally-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through company required outreach programs.
- Must be familiar with Company sales policies/procedures and enforce them accordingly
- Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity and work ethic.
- Exhibit a superior sense of customer service at all times.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Minimum of two years of proven success at the GM level within Gold's Gym or related industry experience
- High school diploma or AreaEducation Diploma (GED)
- Bachelors degree in related industry preferred
- Position duties require daily standing, walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting and reaching.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business related documents such as financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond, verbally and in writing, to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and to members of the business community.
Today Gold's Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold's Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you'll share in the rewards for your efforts.
Posting ID: 559536437Posted: 2020-07-14