The Weekend Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in the overall operation of the gym.Essential Functions
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Promotes membership sales and assists with retention efforts of members.
- Ensures that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest-friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest and by maintaining outstanding standards, solid promotional knowledge and all other components of guest services.
- Recruits, trains, develops and communicates with all staff as well as assesses performance as needed under the direction of the General Manager.
- Maintains all merchandising standards, display presentations and signing standards and monitors inventory levels.
- Properly delegates, monitors and evaluates specifically assigned responsibilities of subordinate team members.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Manages employee issues and member issues in the absence of the General Manager.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This is a part-time position. Typical work schedule will be Friday 3pm-7pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-3pm, Monday 3:30pm-8pm and Tuesday 3:30pm-8pm. Occasional evening and work outside of typical schedule may be required as job duties demand.Required Education, Experience and Certifications
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a customer service and sales role.
- Current CPR Certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment - company will provide this training if not already certified.
- Fitness industry experience.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Supervisory experience of customer service and sales roles.
- Part-time employees are eligible to receive a gym membership for themselves.
- Discount (25%) on all retail products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Today Gold's Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold's Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you'll share in the rewards for your efforts.
Posting ID: 559536461Posted: 2020-06-04