ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS:If you are a retired/inactive nurse or graduate nurse, opportunities are currently available for you to make a difference in someone's life. The Texas Board of Nursing is implementing waivers of certain requirements to re-activate retired or inactive nursing licenses and to extend the permits of graduate nurses up to six months in response to COVID-19. Opportunities are also available for CNAs, dietary cooks and aides. Please contact Whispering Springs Rehab and Healthcare Center for potential employment opportunities. Join our team and make a difference in someone's life.
Nexion affiliates operate 39 skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
As a member of the rehabilitation team, the Social Worker provides services to respond to the emotional needs of Residents and their families. This employee also assists with Resident admissions and the referral process.
Resident Support Services:
- As part of the admission process, meet with the Resident and family to review policies on advanced directives, Resident rights and discrimination.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of Resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicate by Resident/family needs.
- Assist Residents, as needed, with financial planning.
- Keeps the Resident's family informed of Resident problems, personal needs, transfers and changes of level assignment.
- Maintains a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of social work practice in job situations. Able to establish criteria to assure that services provided meet established standards of quality.
- Demonstrate satisfactory level of interpersonal skills to interact with residents, families, community and interdisciplinary staff.
- Demonstrate assessment skills sufficient to evaluate residents' behavior, to collect data to evaluate psycho- social needs, risk factors for psycho- social deterioration and residents' responses to interventions. Able to interpret and explain resident behavior to staff in way that fosters understanding, facilitates treatment and respect for resident rights and minimizes use of chemical and physical restraints.
- Able to implement social service interventions that achieve treatment goals, address resident needs, link social supports, physical care and physical environment to enhance quality of life.
- Able to express self adequately in written and/or oral communication and to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary care setting with residents, families, staff members.
- Carries out all duties in accord with the facility mission and philosophy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and facility information.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of resident and facility property.
- Knowledge of emergency and disaster procedures of facility. Able to locate nearest exit, to understand and respond to written or oral instructions in case of emergency.
- Sufficient mobility, and strength to move freely through the building, to assure resident safety at all times and to assist, transfer or otherwise move residents of facility out of danger in case of emergency.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and responds to needs of residents by complying with facility policies and procedures.
- Ability to comply with facility policies and procedures for workplace safety including infection control procedures, application of universal precautions for blood borne pathogens, use of personal protective equipment and handling of hazardous materials.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties/projects within allotted time.
- Able to carry out the essential functions of this job (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific, current risk of substantial harm to health and safety of self and others.
- Ensures that the quality and appropriateness of Resident care meets or exceeds company and industry standards and ensures that all services are in compliance with state and federal legal, regulatory, accreditation and reimbursement guidelines.
- Maintain effective relationships and open communication with Residents, families, staff.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to responsibilities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, which reduce cost and increase efficiency through improved systems and processes.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work. One year supervised social work experience working directly with individuals in a long-term or sub-acute care rehabilitation.
- Current Social Work license in the state of employment
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions, (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of social work practice in job situations.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to practice of social work in long-term care.
Compensation and Benefits Package
We offer our Social Workers competitive wages and benefits package including Voluntary Medical, Dental, Vision, ST/LT Disability, ADD, Life Insurance, Flex Spending and 401K.
Posting ID: 559536526Posted: 2020-06-25