At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Enterprise Architect within PNC's Enterprise Architecture practice you will be based in Cleveland, OH or Pittsburgh, PA.
This position is in the Enterprise Architecture practice's technology domain. This team aligns to strategic technical initiatives and advancement of infrastructure and software technologies enabling the achievement of strategic business objectives. This team partners with technology sponsors and stakeholders to identify and assess gaps in technical capabilities and present opportunities, positions, risks, and recommendations to senior leadership related to portfolios of emerging and approved technologies in the enterprise. Additionally, the team assesses the impact of technology in the enterprise and enablement and/or change required for benefit realization of technology investments.
This role will specifically focus on data platforms and analytical technologies. You will work closely with data technology strategists, business process owners, and technical subject matter experts across the enterprise including security, risk, and engineering. As a trusted advisor to strategic programs and initiatives, your efforts will drive cultural change, enhance analytical capabilities, and empower resources modernizing business capabilities at PNC.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
• Six or more years of hands-on technical experience with data technologies including design, implementation, and operationalization
• At least three years of experience working with big data and data science technologies
• Demonstrated proficiency with cloud-native architectures including microservices, containerization, and API management
• Proficiency in assessing capabilities, benefits, and constraints of open-source software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related disciplines Job Description
- Creates strategic roadmaps for transitioning to target enterprise future state, in alignment with business and technology goals while analyzing client requirements and collaborating with R&D divisions to provide ongoing support.
- Creates strategic roadmaps, and aligns these with enterprise strategies, business objectives, enterprise standards, processes and methodologies.
- Analyzes enterprise capabilities and IT opportunities in enterprise business processes; provides resolutions for enterprise architecture improvements by utilizing new technological applications.
- Enables businesses and technology partners to drive business outcomes by providing optimum IT solutions and capabilities while mitigating risk.
- Works with other enterprise architecture staff, experts and decision makers to accurately define client requirements; provides ongoing support for data, applications and system client requests.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Emerging Technologies - Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Architecture - Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
Organizational Leadership - Knowledge of, and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives.
Service Oriented Architecture Technologies - Knowledge of the technologies used to enable excellent IT service for business clients; ability to develop, implement and support a variety of such technologies.
Strategic Thinking - Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) - Knowledge of and ability to use this universal framework released by 'The Open Group' to effectively plan, develop and govern enterprise architecture. Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. Education
Bachelors Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.