General Position Summary:
This position will contribute to the production team and help ensure goals are met safely and efficiently while conforming to all company policies. The Production Crew will process vehicles in a safe manner to produce core & scrap products, enable the customers to pull parts, and satisfy environmental requirements.Essential Functions:
- Follow company policy and procedures, as to set the example for the rest of the team.
- Degarbage: Remove Freon, power steering fluid, power brake fluid, batteries, excess garbage, and other items as prescribed by procedure.
- Drain: Remove gasoline, coolant, waste oil, transfer case oil, catalytic converters, and other items as prescribed by procedure.
- Set & Pull: Place vehicles on wheel stands so customers can safely access sellable parts. Remove vehicles and clean up the surrounding area in preparation for the next vehicle set. Other duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Field Decore: Loosen the motor and transmission mounts. Remove any remaining tires and selected core items as prescribed by procedure.
- Ground Decore: Remove heater cores, copper wire, and other items as prescribed by procedure. Maintain the crush pad work area to reduce equipment downtime, harvest cores, and ensure environmental compliance.
- Table Decore: Dismantle engines and transmissions. Remove selected small cores, harvest wire, sort commodity materials, and other duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Tire Dismantling: Use the tire machine to separate rubber tires and wheels. Remove weights and stems. Sort tires and prepare rims for shipment.
- Janitor: Collect and harvest core dismantled core materials. Remove debris. Identify & address safety risks in the customer area. Other duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Miscellaneous: Assist customers as needed in a courteous manner. Review and complete logs for regulatory and tracking purposes. Maintain and replace storm water control devices. Assist in the review and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Ability to wear and maintain all prescribed PPE and follow basic safety practices.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions including comprehension of basic safety messages and labels (waste oil, gasoline, flammable, etc.).
- Ability to complete safety, environmental, and code of conduct training.
- Able to work required hours which may include weekends, holidays and OT.
- Ability to work efficiently in a variety of weather conditions - rain, snow, sun, cold - for a full shift.
- Experience in automotive repair or dismantling, preferred but not required.
- Experience with automotive parts and/or retail customers, preferred but not required.
- Experience with tools and machinery, preferred but not required.
- Standing, walking, bending, and stretching are required regularly to perform customer care, production, and environmental/safety responsibility functions.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds are regularly required to perform routine functions.
- Manual dexterity to maintain the facility, clean by mopping, sweeping, etc. as required.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as described above.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work shift.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Posting ID: 559536636Posted: 2020-06-04