To lead and direct overall operation of the Facility in accordance with the JEA Senior Living Mission Statement, Meaningful Moments Programming, residents' needs, government regulations, and all other Facility policies and procedures. Maintain excellent service quality, high occupancy, and meet financial goals within established budgetary guidelines.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Genuine concern for and ability to work with the elderly.
- bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Must be licensed in good standing if required by state Licensing Authority.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Residents, families, staff, community officials, referral sources and the general public.
- Must meet all State health requirements.
- Must be able to preform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience with financial reporting and managing multiple budgets.
- Subject to criminal background check.
Essential Functions:Leadership and Professional Conduct
- Is a positive representative of JEA senior Living and sets a strong example of professional conduct and appearance for employees and management staff.
- Model and promote JEA Senior Living's Program Standards, Philosophy of Care and Mission.
- Seek education and Knowledge for professional growth.
- Work with the Facility management staff and corporate staff in planning all aspects of Facility operations, including setting priorities and job assignments.
- Monitor each department, communicate and interpret policies.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of the Facility and grounds.
- Ensure safety of Residents, their visitors and staff regarding Infection Control, Fire, and Safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct routine inspections of services being provided to ensure highest quality.
- Maintain current Knowledge of OSHA and State Regulations and routinely monitor facility compliance.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all regulations regarding Residents' rights.
Program Development and Implementation
- Operate facility within established budget.
- Routinely monitor labor costs, raw food costs accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll functions.
- Complete reports and submit timely to JEA Senior Living office.
- Maximize revenue through census development and Resident mix.
Staffing and Retention
- Implement and maintain all employee and Resident programs in accordance with Facility policies and JEA Senior Living's Program Standards.
- Ensure programming is effectively managed and marketed.
Marketing and Census Development
- Oversee hiring of all new candidates for employment including the interview and orientation process.
- Evaluate performance, provide feedback, assist, coach and discipline staff as necessary.
- Monitor employee morale, provide mentor-ship and supportive team environment and encourage the professional growth of all employees through orientation, training and ongoing education.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and Facility policies.
- Manage turnover and maintain a network of recruitment sources.
- Effectively market the facility to reach and maintain budgeted occupancy.
- Evaluate and understand market trends and competitors's strengths and weaknesses and successfully position facility in marketplace.
- Develop annual business plan and quarterly internal and external marketing plans.
- Ensure optimum/maximum occupancy, revenue and profitability for the facility.
- Create a culture witch emphasizes customer service and relationship building.
- Effectively perform all phases of the internal sales process; inquiry calls, pre-tour, tour and post-tour (closing).
- Effectively perform all phases of the external relationship: building/partnering with referral sources.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with State regulators, the community at large, families, Residents, ombudsmen, and other professionals, on behalf of the Facility and JEA Senior Living.
- Provide ongoing education for community, staff, residents, families and others regarding Alzheimer's Disease.
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment):
- Able to work full-time, with some weekend work.
- Availability by Cell Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Some travel required.
Physical/ Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices):
Light Work - Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Posting ID: 559536661Posted: 2020-06-04