To plan, organize and direct the operation of all serving lines, a la carte sales, snack bars and child care programs at school location.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Requisitions food and supplies from the Central Kitchen, warehouse and outside vendors in accordance with department specifications and policies; receiving, checking and verifying quantity, quality and price of items received.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of all food items, maintains the quality, safety and nutrient values of all items.
- Schedules, assigns and directs the work of assigned employees.
- Supervises and evaluates assigned employees.
- Trains, instructs and assists employees as needed.
- Develops and implements standards of safety, sanitation and personal hygiene.
- Controls programs to assure compliance with District, state, federal and Environmental Health regulations.
- Maintains all required reports: cash report, daily record of operations, deposits, food usage, perpetual and physical inventories and production records.
- Deposits cash and checks daily.
- Follows and enforces FANS Policies.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE: PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of employee relations and APS/CWA negotiated agreement.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation and federal and state regulations.
- Keyboarding/computer and record keeping skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to provide leadership and correlate well with people
REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- NMSFSA certification (preferred at time of selection but is mandatory within two years of employment).
- Two years of experience in food service in which at least one year was in an institutional/school setting.
- Food preparation, basic nutrition, equipment usage and maintenance knowledge.
- Upon hire, successful completion of training program.
Contact: Loretta Rooney at email@example.com
WWW.APS.EDU/JOBS CLASSIFIED applicaition
GRADE / LEVEL:
Posting ID: 559536744Posted: 2020-06-11