To prepare food for APS community including students, teachers and parents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
: Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Prepares, plans, assists, or directs the preparation of a variety of foods, including soups, entrees, salads, sandwiches, fruits, vegetables, breads and desserts, following standardized recipes, menus and portion controls in accordance with departmental work production standards.
- Sets up or directs the set up of serving lines and serves meals.
- Operates cashier as directed by manager.
- Distributes food and/or supplies.
- Stores and disposes of excess foods following established guidelines.
- Operates and cleans kitchen equipment.
- Stores supplies and equipment following established guidelines.
- Assists manager in the directing and training of Class I, II or III staff members.
- Performs clean-up duties as assigned.
- May be assigned to assume responsibilities of Production Manager, if necessary.
- Shares the responsibility for the care and proper and safe use of Food Services Department facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Complies with Physical Demands of position.
- Complies with all Environmental Health Regulations and FANS Policies.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE: PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- High standards of personal hygiene and sanitation.
- Basic math skills with the ability to exchange currency.
- Ability to measure and accurately use measuring devices.
- Ability to identify emergency situations and report to appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of institutional cooking/baking, hygiene and sanitation, tools and equipment, food temperatures and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of various foods prepared: color, taste, consistency, volume and cooking/baking time.
- Knowledge of cooking and baking procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Two years experience in cooking and baking
Upon hire, successfully complete training course
Contact: Loretta Rooney at 505-345-5661 X38204 / firstname.lastname@example.org
WWW.APS.EDU/JOBS CLASSIFIED application
GRADE / LEVEL:
Posting ID: 559536797Posted: 2020-06-11