First Hospital is Northeastern Pennsylvania's only private psychiatric hospital, providing inpatient psychiatric treatment for children, adolescents and adults. Accredited by The Joint Commission, we are at the center of an integrated mental health delivery system that includes CHOICES, an outpatient program that offers professional addiction treatment services to adolescents and adults; and Community Counseling Services, an outpatient program for those in need of psychiatric care. First Hospital's 150-bed facility provides an environment conducive to recovery and healing. Personal attention is integral to our treatment philosophy which combines a team of experienced professionals with compassionate and respectful care. For more information, visit www.commonwealthhealth.net.
Responsible for immediate assessment, intervention and treatment disposition of individuals in need of emergency psychiatric evaluation and care.
A mental health professional:
1) A Master's degree in social work, psychology, rehabilitation, activity therapies, counseling, education or related fields and 3 years of mental health direct care experience.
2) A Bachelor's degree in sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, political science, history, criminal justice, theology, counseling, education or a related field, or be a registered: and 5 years of mental health direct care experience, 2 of which shall include supervisory experience
3) A Bachelor's degree in nursing and 3 year of mental health direct care experience.
4) A registered nurse license, certified in psychology or psychiatry.
Crisis Clinicians who are not mental health professionals shall be supervised by a mental health professional and have one of the following:
1) A Bachelor's degree with major course work in sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, political science, history, criminal justice, theology, nursing, counseling, education or related field.
2) A registered nurse.
3) A high school diploma or equivalency and 3 years of mental health direct care experience in public or private human services with employment as a mental health staff person prior to January 1, 1992.
4) A consumer or a family member who has 1 year of experience as an advocate or leader in a consumer or family group and has a high school diploma or equivalency.
5) Staff persons employed by a provider who have 5 years' experience as a supervisor of mental health services in mental health agency prior to January 1, 1992 are exempted from this requirement.
Posting ID: 559536896Posted: 2020-06-04