This position is directly responsible for the smooth running and daily operations of the office. The Office Manager must work closely with the KMG Director and Provider(s) to assure quality employee and patient satisfaction and optimal patient flow and productivity.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
_____ 1. Community Cares
- Complete quarterly direct report rounding.
- Send Thank You notes to staff, one per quarter.
- Oversee & maintain Communication Board.
- Model, monitor & implement customer service standards.
_____ 2. Correct Staffing
- Review daily schedules, adjust staffing levels to facilitate optimum workflow for
physicians and patients & flex as appropriate.
- Arrange for coverage of staff as needed.
- Fill in for staff as needed.
- Complete payroll functions in Kronos.
_____ 3. Personnel
- Interview, hire and orient new employees. Appoint a mentor to all new employees.
- Complete annual performance reviews & 90-day reviews in a timely manner.
- Counsel & discipline staff as appropriate up to & including termination.
- Maintain employee files, including proper documentation of discipline issues.
_____ 4. Conduct monthly staff meetings, take attendance & minutes at each and report to
_____ 5. Management
- Interpret, implement & support KMG, KCH & CHS policies to staff and
- Support, implement & oversee CHS & governmental initiatives (Disease Management, Welcome to Medicare, PQRS, ePrescribe, etc).
- Communicate with other hospital departments, as necessary, in order to
resolve operational problems and make the most effective use of resources.
- Demonstrate effective written & verbal communication with staff, providers
- Resolve patient grievances following established policies.
- Manage physician time off & assure adequate physician coverage in the office. Assure call coverage has been arranged and communicated to necessary parties and documented in Teletracking.
_____ 6. Supply Management
- Oversee management & ordering of appropriate supplies.
- Oversee & complete required inventory process.
_____ 7. Financial
- Manage & maintain petty cash funds.
- Monitor department budget & address areas of concern.
- Assist in preparation of department budget.
- Review monthly financial reports & address areas of concern.
- Meet with providers monthly to review financials.
- Oversee collections of copayments & prior balances by staff, holding staff accountable as appropriate.
- Monitor outgoing patient referrals, making sure referrals are being documented in Athena and monitoring where patients are being referred.
_____ 8. Patient Safety
- Accurately report & manage visitor & employee incidents.
- Identify, report & manage actual & potential risks to patient safety.
- Correctly fill out & follow up on plant operation work orders, implement procedures for security, equipment safety & infection control.
_____ 9. Personal Development
- Develop self to assure competencies are congruent with expected tasks
(payroll, billing, administering discipline policy, handling patient grievances,
overseeing daily operations, release of information, compliance, etc).
- Exhibit actions that create a high level of employee, physician and patient
_____ 10.Demonstrates age appropriate competency skills and knowledge, displays
ability to perform skills specific to patient population identified in unit specific
(Mark age specific of patients served in assigned unit)
_____infant _____child _____adolescent _____adult _____geriatric
(Mark age specific of patients served in alternative units assigned)
_____infant _____child _____adolescent _____adult _____geriatric NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in budget process by preparing budget sheets and obtaining quotes to
present to Director.
- Must complete all required courses through the ALC (Advanced Learning Center)
by due dates as required by employer.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures.
- Monitor staff patient phone communications periodically to assure personnel are
following clinical procedures and policies with regards to patient scheduling, proper
telephone etiquette and sound clinical advice.
- Assures medical records are complete, accurate, secure and readily available.
- Assures compliance with requirements and standards of performance for
- Assures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery
and the rules of accrediting bodies (CLIA, OSHA, etc.). Continually
monitors operations and programs. Offers suggestions for improvement and
- Other duties as assigned by the physician or director.
- Assures protection and privacy of health information as attained through written,
electronic or oral disclosure.
- Contributes to the Performance Improvement activities at Kosciusko Community
- Some exposure to blood and bodily fluids: Exposure Control Level II.
- The associate will hold in confidence any and all patient information communicated or
stored using any medium including oral communication. In addition, the associate will
seek to protect patient information from inadvertent use or disclosure by adhering to
hospital and corporate policies. JOB QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Formal Training Required:
Degree in management or health related field preferred or sufficient experience in a medical office.
Must maintain CPR certification. If not certified prior to employment, employer will certify as part of orientation. Experience Required:
3-5 years of previous medical office management experience is preferred. Licensure Required:
Indiana Drivers License Working Conditions:
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature extremes. Some exposure to wind, rain and snow when driving between Kosciusko Community Hospital owned buildings. Other:
Knowledge of medical terminology and/or anatomy
Customer Service skills