Do you enjoy the fast paced environment of emergency medical services? Do you have experience as an EMT-B? If so, we would love to have you join our team here at Northwest Health.
Do you enjoy the fast paced environment of emergency medical services? Do you have experience as an EMT-B
? If so, we would love to have you join our team here at Northwest Health.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Responds to emergency medical calls and interfacility transfers
- Provide advanced life support care to patients who are ill and/or injured.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Functions under Paramedic and medical protocols approved by the medical director
Key qualifications to be considered for this include:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Registered with the EMT National Registry,
- Licensed by Arkansas Department of Health as an EMT-B
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification.
- Valid Driver's license with a clean driving record
- 2 to 4 years of related experience preferred
Northwest Health Arkansas Paramed Transfer currently operates 12 ambulances to respond to emergent and non-emergent medical requests. The ambulance crew is staffed with a minimum of 1 EMT-B and 1 Paramedic.
With a Level III Trauma Center, working towards Level II designation, Northwest Health has board-certified trauma surgeons available as well as 24-hour cardiovascular and neurosurgery. The accredited Chest Pain Center along with the Stroke Center are known for their community outreach as well as high quality care. There are three ICUs available for patients in the region as well as expertise in treating burns.
Northwest Health provides inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services to the Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, Johnson and Siloam Springs communities in northwestern Arkansas. We are your family, friends and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide quality healthcare.
With a combined active medical staff of more than 540 physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five hospitals and over thirty clinics. Our hospitals include:
- Northwest Medical Center - Bentonville
- Northwest Medical Center - Springdale
- Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
- Northwest Health Physicians' Specialty Hospital
- Willow Creek Women's Hospital
Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in America-a perfect blend of urban sophistication and small town charm. If you aren't local and haven't already discovered this, check out www.northwestarkansas.org to see why NWA keeps winning awards as a best place to live.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/M/V) and welcome you to apply.