Performs manual and automated routine blood tests. Prepares specimens for microscope examination. Will have responsibilities of setting up, running, and performing diagnostic tests in the Microbiology lab. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to supervisor or manager. Requires graduation from an accredited MLT program and passing a national exam given by the Board of Registry of the American Society for Clinical Pathology. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Dreaming of living in paradise? Want to join a team delivering unmatched patient care? Enjoy being part of incredible team? If so, we have the perfect role for you!What We Stand For:
Lower Keys Medical Center is a comprehensive regional healthcare resource committed to the delivery of consistent quality services in a safe and fiscally responsible manner that meet the needs of patients, physicians, employees and our community; and to the maintenance of an environment that encourages individual development, teamwork and pride with compassion and respect for each person.What We Do:
Lower Keys Medical Center (LKMC
) is a 167 bed, full service, Joint Commission accredited, outstanding, acute care medical facility with a
- 24/7 emergency room
- 24/7 laboratory
- 24/7 radiology services
- 24/7 specially equipped medical transport helicopter
is also proud to be the only hospital in the Florida Keys that offers labor and delivery services. We also offer physical therapy in Key West using a multi-joint strength system, in addition to other innovative systems and equipment for customized rehabilitation.LKMC
is fully accredited by the State of Florida and the gold standard, The Joint Commission.What Does a Medical Technologist Do?
As a Medical Technologist with Lower Keys Medical Center, you will spend your day...
What's In It For You?
- Performs manual and automated routine blood tests.
- Prepares specimens for microscope examination.
- Operates laboratory equipment including centrifuges, dry bath incubators, and blood bank refrigerators. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to supervisor or manager.
Joining the LKMC team gives you an unmatched experience of being a part of something much larger, growth potential, full benefits package, competitive salary, etc.Which Qualifications Do You Need?
In order to set you up for success, you need the basics of...
- Requires graduation from an accredited MLT program and passing a national exam given by the Board of Registry of the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
- Must hold current ASCP Medical Lab Tech certification.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Lower Key Medical Center is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.